How do I use public records to find wholesale deals?

3 Replies

I'm looking for a great way to find wholesale deals. I'm new and I've been looking for months for a property worth rehabbing and I'm finding it hard. I've learned a lot over the last few months but I still haven't found a worthwhile rehab property. I grant that the market has been cold lately.

As far as marketing, lead generation and just knowing where to look to find deals, what are some things I should be working on and doing everyday to get a nice stream of leads. I know about driving for dollars but other than that...

What can I start doing today and tomorrow?

I've also heard that searching the public records are a good way to find lead. To be honest I really don't know how to search public records. 

Google your county tax assessor. Google your county + evictions or whatever you're looking for. You can find probate, code violations, pre foreclosures, and evictions. Most are free or for a small amount of money. 

you can set up key word serches on your local craigslist..... Use "iftt" to send you emails or text every time some thing us posted. I have 22 key words and get about 60 lrads a week. They are not all good, but some even go on my buyers list. Hope it helps.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.