Finding motivated sellers in philadelphia online that are absentee out of sate, tax delinquent, evictions etc

21 Replies

Hello everyone!

I want to locate and target motivated sellers such as those that are tax delinquent homeowners, absentee out of state, evictions etc. Ok I know what I want but I can't figure out where to go to get actual lists of these. 

I know someone said tax accessor website but if I am on that website (which I'm not sure really) I can't find exactly where to go. Maybe this isn't available online for Philadelphia but I just think I can't find the correct website for these records.

I see a lot of posts that say what to do but I need help on how to locate this.

Thanks!

Hello @Tyana Everettundefined

So nice to converse with a fellow female in this business! 

We have a great strategy that works for homes or undeveloped land. 

STEP 1. What type of property are you targeting? Have you narrowed down a county that makes sense for you to reach out to? (For example - contacting folks for properties in Manhattan might be out of your price range - but upstate NY could be affordable.)

Happy to help!

Jill

@Tyana Everett Philadelphia property information, including taxes, owners, assessed value of home can be found on the Board of Revision of Taxes.  I have provided the link below.  Note you will need the property address in order to assess the information.

http://www.phila.gov/brt/Pages/default.aspx

Sorry @Account Closed I clearly misunderstood.  You will need to drive the neighborhoods looking for vacant or homes in bad condition.  There are not sites in Philadelphia that I know of that list names of absentee landlords or homeowners. 

@Tyana Everett I'd recommend listening to the BP podcasts on finding motivated sellers. You can do direct mail, or drive down streets looking for rundown houses and then get seller info. You can put up flyers in neighborhoods or ask everyone you meet if someone they know is selling. From what I heard, finding motivated sellers sounds like a pretty proactive endeavor that requires hitting the street or mailing a lot. 

Like Mark said listsource is one. Also, Steven is right about the podcasts on finding sellers. Paulette is right about driving for dollars. After driving for dollars and you get the addresses of the vacant homes you see, then, go to to your assessors' site and use the address to find the owner.  You could go to youtube and look up wholesaler Sean Terry. I saw one of his videos about different paid services to target different lists like you named out.

I would have tagged you but, It won't work on my phone for some reason. Not when I'm in the country town I live, anyway. 

@Account Closed

A free way to find absentee and tax delinquent homes is to search the blocks of the area that you're interested in on the city OPA website. For example, if you know where you would like to drive for dollars, you could search every address on the streets you'd be driving and look up each house's info. You can write down all of the absentee or tax delinquent houses that you find. It's a very tedious and time consuming exercise if you want to get a legitimate list, but if you're budget is thin, its a way to get started 100% free. 

If you're looking for Out of state absentee owners unless you have MLS access you can buy a list from listsource. There are other sites that provide lists too you can easily find those online ie: melissadata, etc. As far as tax delinquent home owners you'd have to look up the address on the BRT site (someone in here already linked it). As far as evictions, public records does not show you who got evicted BUT you can see who which landlords took their tenants to court

Driving for $$$ was a great suggestion and in my personal opinion it's the best way to get REAL TIME leads. It just can be time consuming and "tedious", but most of us drive around anyway... just make it a habit to keep an eye out for distressed properties. 

You can also go on the opa.phila.gov site type you can search by address block or intersection.... and you can see which homes are absentee owned if the mailing address is different from the property address and you can check if it's behind on taxes. VERY time consuming.... borderline tedious.. but 100 % cherry picked QUALITY leads.

Originally posted by @Steven Rasovsky:

@Tyana Everett I'd recommend listening to the BP podcasts on finding motivated sellers. You can do direct mail, or drive down streets looking for rundown houses and then get seller info. You can put up flyers in neighborhoods or ask everyone you meet if someone they know is selling. From what I heard, finding motivated sellers sounds like a pretty proactive endeavor that requires hitting the street or mailing a lot. 

Absolutely! I will keep this in mind, thanks for the feedback

Originally posted by @Jay Johnson :

Like Mark said listsource is one. Also, Steven is right about the podcasts on finding sellers. Paulette is right about driving for dollars. After driving for dollars and you get the addresses of the vacant homes you see, then, go to to your assessors' site and use the address to find the owner.  You could go to youtube and look up wholesaler Sean Terry. I saw one of his videos about different paid services to target different lists like you named out.

I would have tagged you but, It won't work on my phone for some reason. Not when I'm in the country town I live, anyway. 

This surely makes it more clear to me, thank you Jay! 

Originally posted by @Antoine Joseph :

@Tyana Everett

A free way to find absentee and tax delinquent homes is to search the blocks of the area that you're interested in on the city OPA website. For example, if you know where you would like to drive for dollars, you could search every address on the streets you'd be driving and look up each house's info. You can write down all of the absentee or tax delinquent houses that you find. It's a very tedious and time consuming exercise if you want to get a legitimate list, but if you're budget is thin, its a way to get started 100% free. 

tedious for sure but i see the effectiveness, thank you!!!

Originally posted by @Noel Lumbo :
If you're looking for Out of state absentee owners unless you have MLS access you can buy a list from listsource. There are other sites that provide lists too you can easily find those online ie: melissadata, etc. As far as tax delinquent home owners you'd have to look up the address on the BRT site (someone in here already linked it). As far as evictions, public records does not show you who got evicted BUT you can see who which landlords took their tenants to court

Driving for $$$ was a great suggestion and in my personal opinion it's the best way to get REAL TIME leads. It just can be time consuming and "tedious", but most of us drive around anyway... just make it a habit to keep an eye out for distressed properties. 

You can also go on the opa.phila.gov site type you can search by address block or intersection.... and you can see which homes are absentee owned if the mailing address is different from the property address and you can check if it's behind on taxes. VERY time consuming.... borderline tedious.. but 100 % cherry picked QUALITY leads.

Noel, handy information seems like driving for $$$ is popular, I'm going to have to do that. I like the list idea but I can't seem to figure out how to work the websites. Idk what's up. Thanks!