Wholesaling subject to's

Wholesaling subject to's

Real Estate Investor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2008 · 387 posts · 8 votes

Do you guys usually keep subject to's for rental properties and just wholesale other deals? If I were to wholesale it how would I determine the price to sell it for to investors?

0Reply
155 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Consultant · Seattle , WA · Member since 2008 · 53 posts · 4 votes
17y

I usually wholesale subject-to's. Most of the time they are easiest to sell since the buyer generally doesn't have to worry about financing or having enough cash to buy. If you are able to cash flow quite a bit and there is lots of equity I would suggest keeping it yourself though.

To determine what to wholesale it at, I just basically do what I do with any other property and base it off comps and repairs needed. I just add my fee on and have the buyer put down that and any amount of payments the owner is behind on (and if they have tons of equity and are getting something out of it, their money too).

You should find that if the price is right (and maybe even a little higher than most deals because of the terms) subject-to's and anything with owner financing will be the easiest to get rid of.

Hope this helps!
Stephanie

See this reply in the discussion

69 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    This is an attempt to take this topic to page 4......................who's with me........

    I think this topic could have handled in 1 page.............

  • Real Estate Investor · pottstown, PA · Member since 2008 · 22 posts · 1 vote
    17y

    Jeff,
    Option Money MAY or MAY NOT be applied to the Purchase price of the property, Their is a FINE LINE between Option Consideration and Down Money, Like nationwidepi stated

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Nick Johnson:
    This is an attempt to take this topic to page 4......................who's with me........


    I think this topic could have handled in 1 page.............
    Nick,
    I agree but I think you will get your wish and go to page 4. :roll:

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    magice page 4 post

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    magic page 4 post

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    I give up!

    it was worth a shot!

    Hopefully Jeff's question was answered.

    I don have to admit, I admire his ability to ask a lot of questions.

    Jeff, I don't know if you've close a deal yet, but I get the feeling you will very soon if you haven't already......

    I personally appreciate all your questions, I think there is a lot to learn from them when newbies come and search around.....Keep it up

  • Real Estate Investor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2008 · 387 posts · 8 votes
    17y

    Nick, I can't tell whether you want it to hit page 4 or not, you sure gave it a shot. Wouldn't it be funny if I hit it after you tried so hard.

    Also, I think you hit the nail on the head with me. I have gone into question asking overdrive right now because I finally got started doing some work. As we all know that's when you really learn what you don't know, that you need to know to get a deal done. I just wish I would have had an investor sit down with me a long time ago and given me all of the contracts to use and explained them all in detail. That hour of his time would have probably saved me about 4 months of procrastination. Maybe I'll do that w/ newbies when I get up to speed :P

    If I could make a course and find out how to give it away free and find some way of making back end profit from their deals I would make a killing.

    Hmm, this post wasn't really related to wholesaling sub2s.....so....

    Wholesaling sub2 deals rocks big time! Do you agree? lol

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    17y

    My attempt at page 4.

  • Lender · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2008 · 351 posts · 40 votes
    17y

    I haven't said a word in this post but have been reading it a lot. So I will contribute by getting this thread to 4 pages.

    Here it is.... Page 4!

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    I win

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    17y

    What will Vanna White be giving you as your prize?

  • Real Estate Investor · pottstown, PA · Member since 2008 · 22 posts · 1 vote
    17y

    Nice.......

  • Real Estate Investor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2008 · 387 posts · 8 votes
    17y

    Yes...................it is..........nice..........I guess we can try for 5 pages...........!

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    hey if the Nouveau Riche thread can get dragged on, so can this one :-0

  • Real Estate Investor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2008 · 387 posts · 8 votes
    17y

    Speaking of which....I have two investors who are trying to get me into Nouveau Riche right now. I linked them the discussions here on the forums, and they are saying that the people on here don't know what they are talking about. I'm really not sure who is right.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Jeff Fairchild:
    I linked them the discussions here on the forums, and they are saying that the people on here don't know what they are talking about. I'm really not sure who is right.


    Right about what? NR?
  • Altus, OK · Member since 2008 · 2k+ posts · 690 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Jeff Fairchild:
    Speaking of which....I have two investors who are trying to get me into Nouveau Riche right now. I linked them the discussions here on the forums, and they are saying that the people on here don't know what they are talking about. I'm really not sure who is right.


    Of course they are going to tell you we are wrong about NR because we interfere in them recruiting to their MLM garbage.
  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    alright..............I vote for not turning this into the new(er) NR thread.

    I'd like to bring it back to Sub2's and wholesaling Sub2's

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    17y

    I second that Nick. We have all had enough of NR here on BP and there is enough discusion about it for a monkey to make an educated decision on it already!!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.