Raquel Pea
  • Oakland, CA
Votes |
Delinquent Tax List Ridiculously Expensive!! - Help

Raquel Pea
  • Oakland, CA
Posted May 2 2016, 19:15

Hello BP! 

I just began working with a local wholesaler in order to become more comfortable with the specifics of wholesaling in Alameda County. I wanted to be very proactive and begin bringing her leads on my own, and I figured that marketing to individuals on the local delinquent tax list would be a great place to begin, especially because most of those on the list are absentee owners or heirs who are soon to lose their property to tax foreclosure.

I contacted the Alameda Country Treasurer, and they quoted a price of $1,000 for the list and are very solid on that quote. They say that this is because this is not information the general public asks for, and they must request the list be put together by their internal IT company. It seems a bit ridiculous. I would understand a price of $500, but $1,000?! 

I really want this list. I know the returns will be wonderful with a bit of elbow grease and hard work. I can't think of any other way to obtain the list. Should I simply pay the $1,000 and consider it a worthwhile investment? How did you wholesalers out there get a hold of this list, and what do you think is a reasonable price?

Thank you everybody! Really enjoy learning through this community and the wonderful podcasts.

~ Raquel Pea

Loading replies...