Skip to content
Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Derrick H.
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Fredericksburg, VA
Votes |
Wholesaling/Investing & Being a Realtor as Techies!...

Derrick H.
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Fredericksburg, VA
Posted Nov 5 2016, 12:40

Greetings BP!!!

I am new to the forum. I am a seasoned IT professional (UI/UX & Multimedia Design). Concentrated on interior architecture and communications arts/design in college and have an interest in investing and building equity through wholesaling then I plan to invest in flips, buy & hold and timeshares.

This has been addressed multiple times. I have read most of the articles. I have a few questions. Some may be loaded.. Any advice and networking will be appreciated!

1. As a wholesaler/investor I went through the process of studying the courses and passing the state and nation real estate exam. I wanted to get a better knowledge of the real estate industry so I could eventually use that knowledge to become a better investor/realtor.

I've been told to become active with an investor friendly broker and I think I have found one. What disclosures would I have to use and would the broker get a percentage of my commissions if it was found outside of his firm or since it is done under another company and I am going to be a realtor under my own fictitious name (LLC/S Corp) do disclosures about the brokerage have to be made? or just that I am a licensed realtor? I have interest in the property not acting as a agent. Does agency coupled with interest apply in any instances? OR should that just be avoided?

2. The brokerage I am thinking of joining is very tech minded and I am a seasoned IT professional. They allow flexibility and certain freedoms as well as access to multiple online tools as well as having access to MLS. I am basing this decision on my experience in IT (Web design, UI/UX, Social Media & SEO) and how it can lend to generating leads, branding and marketing. Are there any suggestions on firms that lend themselves to technology. I have spoken with a broker from EXP Realty and have friends that work with them that enjoy it and we will be forming and branding a team. Just doing my 'due diligence'. I came across and app for realtors called REAL. Anyone heard of this company/app? What is the best tech minded firm that allows flexibility and is investor friendly?

GOAL: Investor Friendly Realtor/Investor

Loading replies...