• Realtor
  • Fayetteville, NC
Votes |
Should Buyer and Seller Communicate?

Josh Wagner
  • Realtor
  • Fayetteville, NC
Posted Mar 26 2017, 13:26

Okay BP Community, serious topic and I need answers! I will be as descriptive as possible for this loaded question...

First and foremost, I am obviously new to wholesaling and all that it encompasses, especially when it's time to put a house under contract...

So, I'm about two weeks into wholesaling, and within my first week I received a call from a guy who wants to get rid of his house. We negotiated and agreed on a price, and I've communicated with two potential buyers. The second buyer wishes to communicate with the seller of the home, which raises red flags in my opinion. But because I am inexperienced, I felt that I should seek the advice of the BP community. 

Do you let the buyer and seller communicate or do you keep them separate in the transaction? I fear that if the buyer communicates a price different than what I agreed on with the seller, that it will kill the deal. 

Do you tell the seller what you intend to sell the property for, or do you only let them know what YOU will give them for the property, and just disclose to them that "This is an investment, this is FOR a profit, and I am unsure what exactly I will be doing with the property", and keep it at that? And most importantly, I want to conduct business in a professional and helpful manner, and do not want to be a scum bag. 

Any and all advice would be incredibly helpful!

Loading replies...