Databases for lead generation

15 Replies

What are some good databases some of you found to generate leads for wholesale deals? As of now I've been scanning the tax website but I'm thinking there must be anther source that has more than tax liens. I've heard of TLO and CLEAR but both are expensive. Is there anyone who knows of a more cost effective solution?

I don't think it's available in Texas yet, but Property Radar is amazing where it is available, and should be going nation-wide within a year. Keep an eye out for them. 

@Nick Marie consider mining the data that is publicly available.  What I've done for people is use the public records to look up the tax records for every home in a particular zip code, then filter those down to the homes that are more than 1.5 years delinquent, then pull home details on those homes and sort down to only the type of home the investor was looking for.  It results in a much more tailored list of homes that are in distress.

Code violations are also good, but not always publicly available.  Sometimes those can even tell you which homes are vacant.  

@aaronfowles I love what you said. I've been doing the tax thing and am excited to look at the website you've provided as well. Thank you for the feedback! I will update you as I get more.

@carloszepata I'm currently using excel for a management system as I don't have enough leads just yet. I also am familiar with Zoho. Was going to use them or github. Both are amazing and scalable. I greatly appreciate your help and insight as well!

Originally posted by @Account Closed :

@Nick Marie consider mining the data that is publicly available.  What I've done for people is use the public records to look up the tax records for every home in a particular zip code, then filter those down to the homes that are more than 1.5 years delinquent, then pull home details on those homes and sort down to only the type of home the investor was looking for.  It results in a much more tailored list of homes that are in distress.

Code violations are also good, but not always publicly available.  Sometimes those can even tell you which homes are vacant.  

How exactly are you mining the data. Manual or automated? I’m currently using Google apps for my CRM. I need to find some way to scrape information from websites to my google sheets. And how is the market in Memphis?

@Tyler Hockett I automate the data collection.  I'm a public records researcher, so it's kinda what I do.  :)

There are multiple ways to get data directly into Google Sheets.  Look into the importhtml and importxml functions, to get started.

There's a big Memphis contingent on BP.  I'll let them speak to the market.

I want to automate my google sheets using coding/scripts that will sync with all my Google apps to flow as smoothly as possible. Like you said I want tO be able to type an address in my sheets which will import the data from the public records website all from the comfort of my sheets which could link to my Gmail to send out a flyer which was made in Google docs. I know its possible its just that the coding section that confuses me

Originally posted by @Account Closed :

@Tyler Hockett I automate the data collection.  I'm a public records researcher, so it's kinda what I do.  :)

There are multiple ways to get data directly into Google Sheets.  Look into the importhtml and importxml functions, to get started.

There's a big Memphis contingent on BP.  I'll let them speak to the market.

@Tyler Hockett

This will use URL hacking and/or APIs (zillow's property api is pretty good)

1.  Use concatenate() to generate url based on address

2.  Use importxml() to acquire specific pieces of information and put them where you want them

3.  Use AutoCrat to cut the PDFs or Google Docs

@Account Closed

I started data mining about 6 months ago in 14 different categories with the help of VAs, soon to be replaced by automation. Code violations was one of my verticals, but often times, I found that 95% of them were totally unaware of their violations. (At least in NYC, the city can stick a violation on your property, and unless you, as the owner has been checking it up online, it's common for homeowners to be totally unaware of it). Reason I bring this up is, instead of talking to prospects about the possibility of purchasing their property, now I have to go into the education business about what the violation was for, when it was, etc, etc, and sometimes, having to overcome their complete denial of the whole situation to begin with... 

So my question is, within code violations, are there other filtering criteria you can suggest where there's a higher likelihood of a prospect being more motivated to sell, or at least have an honest conversation about it with the lead? A friend thought Absentee owners with violations, but that would still fall within the Absentee list. 

Maybe the severity of violations, or penalty amount? Any guidance would help. 

@Nick Marie

Code violations and Tax Delinquents are good, but can be very time consuming if you are manually poring through public records. Even when you find them, it might be associated with a property you wouldn't want to buy.

Consider working with a list broker - they can mix and match targets such as: Absentee Owners, Owner Occupied, Seniors, High Equity, Length of Residence, Financial Stability, Home Value and much more.