Wholesale deals. I'm agent how, how do I list for a wholeseller?

8 Replies

A friend of mine is a wholeseller and we wanted to somehow connect and do business together. I can't seem to figure out how I can list his property without me being somewhat involved in the deal. Can I some how list it give him the broker fee agreement and disclosure form for the owner and he takes it from there? Please enlighten me bigger pockets. Again I'm a real estate agaent and hes a "wholeseller"

Geeze,
First of all, he’s a “wholesaler”.
Secondly, you need to be asking your broker this, not a bunch of people on the internet who don’t know your state RE license laws, your local MLS rules or your broker’s policies.

Originally posted by @Wayne Brooks :

Geeze,
First of all, he’s a “wholesaler”.
Secondly, you need to be asking your broker this, not a bunch of people on the internet who don't know your state RE license laws, your local MLS rules or your broker's policies.

Can someone give me a more clearer answer. I'm from PA and I'm at work just posting on the fly. I don't see anything wrong with getting input. Thanks

Originally posted by @Charles Coaston:

A friend of mine is a wholeseller and we wanted to somehow connect and do business together. I can't seem to figure out how I can list his property without me being somewhat involved in the deal. Can I some how list it give him the broker fee agreement and disclosure form for the owner and he takes it from there? Please enlighten me bigger pockets. Again I'm a real estate agaent and hes a "wholeseller"

Just wanted to run a test and see if I'm in the wholesale section. Don't mind this post. 

What @waynebrooks said.    Regardless of what state you are from, or "posting on the fly". 

@Charles Coaston Ask your broker as laws and MLS rules vary from place to place.

However, I would be very wary of listing a property that the "seller" doesn't own.  

At best it might require a special disclosure. At worst it may violate both MLS rules and state laws.

I think what you really need is a listing agreement with the owner.  If you sell the property, then the owner can pay the wholesaler whatever he wishes, but remember that it is a violation of federal law for a licensed person to pay an unlicensed person in a real estate transaction.

Tread very carefully.

@Charles Coaston I’m a wholesaler in cali and I work with a agent friend of mine here and there here’s how we do it....if I get a prop under contract that needs very minimal work I use a hml to close my deal and then i have him list it for retail on mls....some people call this whole-tailing ( wholesale and retailing combined ) works like a charm and everyone makes money

@Charles Coaston I dont see anything wrong with asking advice either.  Here is what I have always found to be helpful.  If I meet a realtor, I just ask them to run the property by their cash buyers or investors.  I do not really think that you can list a property under contract as a realtor.  I would not recommend you do that either.  

If you have buyers you know that buy investment properties, run it by them.  If not, I would leave it alone.

Yep it's sounding like i Just run these deals past my follow agents and see if they could connect me with investors and cash buyers

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here