Wholesaling or Buy and Hold in Fredericksburg Texas

4 Replies

I am interested in purchasing some investment property in Fredericksburg, Texas.  I have built a list of absentee owners that I mailed out to yesterday.  Fredericksburg is a small German that hosts hundreds of thousands of travelers each year.  My family and I have stayed in a few different B&Bs over the years and have decided that we want to focus our money in vacation rentals there.  The problem I am running into is that pricing is all over the place so it is tough for me to determine what these houses may be worth.  If anyone has experience dealing with the Fredericksburg market or just how to determine value of these kinds of properties, I would love the help.  I am looking for more of a turn key property to buy for an investment but figured if I come across an incredible deal that needs rehab, I would also have the alternative to wholesale it to a buyer in the area.  I am thinking about reaching out to some realtors there but wanted to run this by my Bigger Pockets community first.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Originally posted by @Gary Enderlin :

I am interested in purchasing some investment property in Fredericksburg, Texas.  I have built a list of absentee owners that I mailed out to yesterday.  Fredericksburg is a small German that hosts hundreds of thousands of travelers each year.  My family and I have stayed in a few different B&Bs over the years and have decided that we want to focus our money in vacation rentals there.  The problem I am running into is that pricing is all over the place so it is tough for me to determine what these houses may be worth.  If anyone has experience dealing with the Fredericksburg market or just how to determine value of these kinds of properties, I would love the help.  I am looking for more of a turn key property to buy for an investment but figured if I come across an incredible deal that needs rehab, I would also have the alternative to wholesale it to a buyer in the area.  I am thinking about reaching out to some realtors there but wanted to run this by my Bigger Pockets community first.  Thanks in advance for any help.

There was actually someone a few days ago with a property from there they were thinking about wholesaling. Look in the wholesaling thread because it might be there. 

I don't know much about Fredericksburg but I am pretty familiar with the New Braunfels area. I know a guy that bought a small ranch there though. He is an investor also and says the area is ripe for the picking. With the surrounding areas booming you can still get good deals there. 

Maybe you could invite a local real estate appraiser to a share an hour of time and his experience over a fancy sit-down lunch.   

Bring value - Get value. 

Brian-that's a great idea.  Have you had experience working with appraisers and if so what do they usually charge to help you get an idea of what the property is worth?  Fredericksburg is just all over the board when it comes to home values.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.