• Flipper/Rehabber
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
Objection While Cold Calling

Victor Barboza
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Phoenix, AZ
Posted Nov 2 2017, 11:38

I recently started cold calling in search of motivated sellers. I would drive around and any house that seemed distressed or vacant I would search up on my local tax assessor's website. I would find the owner, than do a reverse search to find their possible phone number. I've only began doing this, this week and two calls have gone very well and I set up an appointment with them. 

However, I did call one person, and once I stated that I was interested in his house he tells me: "You're the 5th person that has called me this week about that house.". I froze after that, I didn't know what to say, so I just apologized and said if he was ever interested in selling to give me a call. Is there any better way that you guys have used to overcome this? Maybe something into trying to set up an actual appointment or something to switch the topic away from everyone calling him. 

Also, is there any other objections that you have come across that I should be prepared for? This one really threw me off and I'm almost positive he could tell in my voice that I didn't know what to say. I would definitely not want this to happen again. Thank you!

Loading replies...