looking for wholesale advise? structure? documents?

2 Replies

Since joining BiggerPockets I have done 2 wholesale deals and potentialy working on the third right now. My situation is such that a another wholesaler would like to bring me into a deal because they are not familar with the mechanics of a wholesale deal.

Up to this point (with permission from owner) we have a negotiated a short sale with a bank on a pre-foreclosure. The other wholesalers not in a position to execute purchase agreement as they don’t have any intention of buying the property. I was a bit conflicted about this and advise the other wholesaler to be upfront with the end buyer and wanted full disclosure and transparency in the deal as I have read many posts indicating the lack of ethics used by wholesalers who have no intention of buying a property should the end buyer’s financing fall through.

We have come up with...the end buyer plans to execute purchase agreement with the bank and place a wholesale or consulting fee in the purchase agreement which will subsequently end up on HUD statement at closing.

Until now I have only done an assignment or double clise because I had the intention of purchasing the property as one of my exit strategies. I have never done or completed this type of structure any advice apppreciated?

I have not done my first wholesale deal yet so take what I say with a grain of salt.

In this video the content creator explains contingencies that allow you to back out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfVamo743_0

I am not 100% sure but you may want to ask a title company what to do. I am not 100% clear what exactly these companies do but they may be able to advise you. 

@Mike O. I'm not sure what your question is, but your title company should be able to help. If not go to a local REIA and ask around for some advice.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here