how to find investors for wholesale deals?

11 Replies

Hi. I'm currently new to wholesaling and I've gotten the hang of finding good deals in the area, I plan on putting my first wholesale property under contract soon hopefully but I've just had a hard time trying to find local Houston investors for my buyers list to purchase my wholesales. how can i find investors in my area the best way for wholesale deals?

If you are going to sign contracts make sure YOU can close the deal if you cannot successfully unlicensed broker the deal. There is a tort called FRAUD BY INDUCEMENT. That is the wrong way to operate.

Not trying to hijack your thread but let's say I know a seller selling a property and happen to run across a buyer looking for a property such as this.  

Is there a way that I could get a cut of the deal by connecting them?  I'm not sure how wholesaling works.  

hey Kimo, you basically get the sellers property and you put it under contract yourself if the property is undervalued enough for you to make a profit from that property AND the buyer. then you just sell the contract to the buyer thats interested in the property and you make a nice profit from that wholesale deal.   ( you never own or buy the property, just put it under contract)

You simply place the property under contract as if your going to buy the property. you do NOT need a real estate license or anything to wholesale. the contract allows the wholesaler to “assign” the contract to an end buyer. In essence, the wholesaler is transferring the right to purchase the property to another investor for a fee. It’s critical that this document has clear timelines that mesh with the purchase and sale agreement. The end buyer must adhere to the terms of the purchase and sale agreement executed by the wholesaler.

@Albert Hernandez ,

The best way is to put the property under contract with an exit clause and advertise the properties and let the buyers come to you. You can post the property on Zillow, craigslist and other social media sites. Be open and honest to your seller and make sure to give yourself enough time to locate the buyer so that they can close the deal. PM me if you have any other questions. 

Louis

The only way to find investors is the same way you find sellers......MARKETING!!! Get out of your house and hit your local real estate networking groups. Go to sheriff sales and hand out your business card if you have one, create an online sign-up form and market it all over social media to get potential buyers to sign up...etc etc etc.......so many things you could be doing to attract buyers. But one of the best ways to actually get buyers is to actually have DEALS!!!!!! When you actually have deals and real deals, the buyers will come to you!

Good luck.......

Originally posted by @Albert Hernandez :

Hi. I'm currently new to wholesaling and I've gotten the hang of finding good deals in the area, I plan on putting my first wholesale property under contract soon hopefully but I've just had a hard time trying to find local Houston investors for my buyers list to purchase my wholesales. how can i find investors in my area the best way for wholesale deals?

1st thing to think about is your strategy. Wholesaling is by & large an nonviable business plan. What you want to do is become a Real Estate Agent. Outside of the legal ramification that come from attempting to Wholesale you will have many more earning options as a licensed agent.

As for strategy they are both similar. What you need to do to become successful in either industry is search, scour & hunt for people who want to sell their home. Marketing is the very best route to do this.

A book I once read said something to the effect of, "don't worry about selling a wholesale deal. If you have a legitimate, workable deal, you will have buyers". That said, of course this can't happen if you don't do what you can to get the word out however you can, including BP other ways already mentioned.