Motivated Sellers: Offers Over The Phone vs. Making Appointments

Motivated Sellers: Offers Over The Phone vs. Making Appointments

Investor · Howey in the Hills, FL · Member since 2013 · 376 posts · 114 votes

Just wondering what others are doing. Do you make offers without seeing the house, or do you make an appointment before throwing out numbers? Do you give the seller a ballpark estimate or range and then narrow it down after an inspection? What works best for you?

0Reply
23 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chesterfield, SC · Member since 2017 · 142 posts · 73 votes
    8y

    It really depends. I inspect all houses but honestly you don't need a seller to give you a tour. If something doesn't add up you renegotiate. I think the main motivation of a appointment is to get a better price.

  • Real Estate Broker · Watertown, NY · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    I've always had luck making my offers in person.  I always draft it out on paper with several detailed options for them to choose from.  It seems to help eliminate unexpected external interferences.  It also gives me the opportunity to ensure they truly understand the pros and cons to each option.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.