Please suggest a sales agreement

6 Replies

I have a cash buyer for a 1972 mobil home that has not been converted to real property on a 0.4 acre piece of property. I am selling only the land and the mobil home will be included with the sale. What sales contract/agreement do I use? I am in the state of Nevada. We are not using real estate agents.

Get a lawyer to handle the sale.

Is that nessesary? I was going to sign contract agreement and then push everything over to the title company.

You'll want a RE attorney for this.  Depending on your how your state handles property laws, my guess is that you will likely need two separate, and differently structured, purchase agreements.  One will be for the purchase of the land, which will look similar to a standard residential purchase agreement describing the property by APN.

The other will be a mobile home specific purchase agreement.  Mobile homes that are not permanently affixed to the land and are not legally changed to real property (like you described) are not considered "real estate" in many (maybe all?) states, so the purchase agreements for them are very specific (identifying serial numbers, make/model info, etc.) and look different than standard purchase agreements.

Use a basic real estate purchase and sale agreement and add one extra section which references the mobile home conveying. I would check with your accountant regarding allocation of the purchase price between the real and personal property. 

A Deed (for the land) and a Bill of Sale (for the mobile home) will be signed at closing. I agree that a title company should be able to handle this.

Originally posted by @Tom Gimer :

Use a basic real estate purchase and sale agreement and add one extra section which references the mobile home conveying. I would check with your accountant regarding allocation of the purchase price between the real and personal property. 

A Deed (for the land) and a Bill of Sale (for the mobile home) will be signed at closing. I agree that a title company should be able to handle this.

Would you happen to know which purchase agreement would work for me?

When in doubt, most people who aren't experienced with this type of thing will find the local REALTOR association contract to be the most comprehensive as well as fairest to both parties.

Myself personally I would use a simple one pager with terms favoring ME.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.