Wholesale Lead Generation Pages and Website Samples

7 Replies

Hello,

We are working on building up more of a digital presence with our company. The plan is to build a main company website (seller facing) to give our acquisition people more credibility when on appointments. In the past we have used both Lead Propeller and Investor Carrot I'm not interested in using these sites moving forward. The main reason for that is just site ownership, with those types of services we are effectively at the mercy of those businesses. That's all well and good when things are fine but if one of those companies goes away so does the website you've been paying for.

What I'm hoping you guys can help with is to post links to some of the better pages you've seen from other wholesalers in different markets.  These could be pages that convert leads great, just look cool etc. Whatever criteria you have for a great site is all good, we just want to get some creative juices flowing and see what is working around the country. 

In my market (Metro Detroit) the website template companies seem to be the go to move for my competitors so we are looking to go next level on all of these folks around here.

If you've see some great wholesaler sites, landing pages or squeeze pages please post the links below so we can check them out.

If the website is working for you I would recommend staying with them until you have a problem. The issue of the company failing and your website being lost can be addressed simply by ensuring you own the domain name itself. If your hosting company fails you simply pick another company and point your domain to their name servers. The tech folks deal with this kind of thing all of the time.

If the issue is the performance of the site itself, you might consider finding a new vendor instead of becoming a web designer and wholesaler too. Look for the highest and best use of your time.

Appreciate the advice Bob but I have no intentions of building any websites myself, lol I'd die of old age before I ever finished that.

Just looking to see sites that are working for other wholesalers. Specifically what funnel pages are working and converting seller leads at a decent clip.

@Daniel H Hauer you would be able to really know what a websites conversion rate is unless u dip into the analytics... which anyone just search would have access to. Sure u could guesstimate based on common website optimization practices, but u would most likely have to put the time and effort into that yourself. As for setting up your website your best bet would be to hire somebody with a proven track record that is skilled in website optimization to design ur website. Best of luck🙂
- Angel-Ty Lebron

@Daniel H Hauer Hope all is well man! 

Of course I've got a dog in this fight but @Bob McGhee is spot on. Our company isn't going anywhere and the liklihood of Carrot being around in 10+ years vs. most real estate businesses is extremely extremely high. We're doing nothing but investing more in our clients, the infrastructure, and performance... just hired 2 more people to serve our clients this week actually.  But I totally get the fear of feeling at the mercy of an outside company when it comes to any important asset of your business. It's 1000% valid and you're right to be seeing what other options there are man. 

But the problem doesn't go away with your own custom website.

If the hosting company goes belly up without notice... your files are lost. 

If your email autoresponder service goes away... or your CRM... there goes your ability to manage your leads and all of the historical data on your leads (unless daily backups are made). It's the same type of thing. Go w/ the things that'll get you the best overall long-term ROI and the companies you're confident will be around for the duration of your company.

@Angel-Ty L. is spot on as well w/ taking any websites people send through here w/ a grain of salt (even if they're Carrot sites) as far as what the person says about their performance. Without digging into the analytics and running actual split tests it's almost impossible to see if that site is performing at a high level. We'll see sites in one market converting sellers on PPC at a 25% rate into leads... and the exact same strategy in another market yields a 6% conversion rate. Heck, we've ran the single address opt in test on 40+ sites around the country through thousands of leads... and it crushed it in one market... lost leads in another... was a neutral result in others... etc. At the end of the day market demographics, stages in the real estate cycle, etc. are all different and the website and the strategy should be based on what will resonate the most w/ that particular market and the competition you're up against there. 

Whatever web person you end up going w/ make sure they're experts in conversion rate optimization and they'll launch split tests over the coming 6-12 months to help hone things in... thats the only true way to dial in the results. Otherwise losing just 1 deal a year could cost you tens of thousands of dollars. 

Go get 'em man! We're here for ya if we can help with anything! 

@Daniel H Hauer I understand your desire to not want to be dependant on something in case you want to break ties down the road.  What about separating the two: website - Lead generation..??

I have been using Wix for site creation.  You pick an template and provide the content (which you would have to do with any website designer/creator anyway).  They have alot of great templates to choose from and look very professional.

You could have a great website created for you to provide the presence you are after.  Then add a lead generator to drive to it like adwerx.  Adwerx is great because you pay for a campaign that could be a week, or a month or however long you determine.  Then, you can target it by zip code.  So, if you are looking for sellers in 1 zip, you do a campaign for that zip.

It's a great way to target your advertising while tracking it for an affordable price.

Anyway....just some suggestions.  BTW, I am not affiliated with any of the companies mentioned....just a happy user.

@Trevor Mauch I totally appreciate the feedback. What I was looking for with this post (and it is my fault for not making this more clear) was some examples of sites. I'm looking for inspiration on design elements etc.

My issue with the template sites is not performance related or anything of that nature. It has more to do with the actual appearance of the sites themselves. 

In our market there are 4 or 5 main competitors that end up working on the same set of leads. If I am at a house I can pretty much determine at least 3 or 4 other investors I know that will also end up at that property trying to get the contract.

Of those competitors all of them have either a Carrot site or a site from your competitor. They all look the same and offer no differentiation between companies. In addition our company offers some unique propositions for sellers that none of our competitors have and from what I've seen of the template sites look pretty basic and I'm not clear on whether they can be set up to match our business.

@Cara Lonsdale My plan was to use Wix for our main website design and use a different option for lead generation as you said. Leadpages or Clickfunnels etc, I'll definitely check in to Adwerx. 

Originally posted by @Daniel H Hauer :

@Trevor Mauch I totally appreciate the feedback. What I was looking for with this post (and it is my fault for not making this more clear) was some examples of sites. I'm looking for inspiration on design elements etc.

My issue with the template sites is not performance related or anything of that nature. It has more to do with the actual appearance of the sites themselves. 

In our market there are 4 or 5 main competitors that end up working on the same set of leads. If I am at a house I can pretty much determine at least 3 or 4 other investors I know that will also end up at that property trying to get the contract.

Of those competitors all of them have either a Carrot site or a site from your competitor. They all look the same and offer no differentiation between companies. In addition our company offers some unique propositions for sellers that none of our competitors have and from what I've seen of the template sites look pretty basic and I'm not clear on whether they can be set up to match our business.

@Cara Lonsdale My plan was to use Wix for our main website design and use a different option for lead generation as you said. Leadpages or Clickfunnels etc, I'll definitely check in to Adwerx. 

Visualshows.com is a good splashpage/lead generator site you should check out. You can drive traffic to a capture page for Sellers who want to know the value of their home. It also has capabilities of pulling your listings right from MLS (if you are wanting to promote listings) and creating a splash page with flipbook, virtual tour and so forth, and sends it out to all the syndicates.

You may even be able to get access to it for free through a local title company or home warranty marketing rep (if that is allowed in your area).

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.