Grandmother-in-law's house may be for sale to in PA

6 Replies

My wife's grandmother passed away this week, and she lived in St Clair, Pennsylvania. I wanted to reach out to the bigger pockets community to see if there were any wholesaler's in the greater Hershey, Scranton, Allentown, Wilkes-Barre, Philadelphia area. I am not sure what my mother-in-law's (she was the only child) plans are for the property. She has been grieving and has been dealing with getting things ready for the funeral. I am not sure what the condition of the house is (IE if it could be sold on Market or would need to go to an investor for rehab purposes). She has been worried about trying to get rid of all of the stuff but due to the storm has not been able to. My thought is if a wholesaler (or flipper) would purchase a property, that person could do all of that work so my MIL does not have to stress about that, and can focus on herself and her family. 

Any help would be much appreciated. If you are a wholesaler, flipper or any other REI in the area please let me know and I will keep you updated. I am just trying to find a solution to her potential problem so it is one less thing she has to worry about.

Thanks so much!

Hey Craig,

I’ll see what I can do to connect you with one of my flippers. Can you share the address or shoot me an email with it and I’ll be able to better help you out.

Thanks for reaching out to the BP community!
JB

Hey Craig, sorry to hear about your wife's grandmother. I do some investing in that area - mostly keep as rentals. Let me know if you would like me to check out the property or if you want to pass along more details feel free to PM me. Thanks.

@Craig Stasnbury Hi Craig, very sorry to hear about your grandmother. What town is your grandmother’s home in? I may be able to help. 

@Craig Stasnbury Sorry for the loss.  I am friend with Justin who replied as well.  I would be curious about the property.  PM / direct connect with me.  Maybe @Justin Brown and I will road trip and check it out for you.

@Craig Stasnbury Here is a saying - please pass it on.

Of course nothing I can say or do will fill the hole now in your life.But perhaps this quote, from a Church of England cleric, may give you some comfort.

Death is nothing at all.I have slipped away into the next room.I am I, and you are you.Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.Call me by my old familiar name, speak to me in the easy way which you always used.Put no difference in your tone, wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.Laugh as we always laughed, at the little jokes we enjoyed together.Pray, smile, think of me, pray for me.Let my name be the household word that it always was.Let it be spoken without effect, without trace of shadow on it.Life means all that it ever meant, it is the same as it ever was, there is an unbroken conti­nuity.What is death but a negligible accident?Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?I am waiting for you for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner.

All is well.

—Canon Henry Scott Holland (1847–1918)

@Craig Stasnbury sorry to hear of your lost. Has the property gone through probate, or in a trust? Is the deed clear. If she has passed away then I would be concerned about that. We do probate deals all the time and I a partner in PA, so I am interested.

Let me know, take care.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here