how do I find contact information for an owner of a vacant house?

7 Replies

any ideas would help!

talk to neighbors, search title, skip trace, 

Originally posted by @Ellis San Jose :

How do I search the title

Check your county's tax assessor website...

Originally posted by @Cody Hahn :
Originally posted by @Ellis San Jose:

How do I search the title

One of the most profitable skills you can learn is understanding title.  You can go to the County Recorders Office & search title documents to chain out the ownership & also discover any debt or liens.   Good luck

@Ellis San Jose Thank you for your help. I was able to look up the title like you stated. I was able to get into contact with the owner and I have an appointment set up for thursday to view the home. Thanks for your help!

Originally posted by @Cody Hahn :

@Ellis San Jose Thank you for your help. I was able to look up the title like you stated. I was able to get into contact with the owner and I have an appointment set up for thursday to view the home. Thanks for your help!

@Cody Hahn Hi Cody, so, for clarification purposes you basically went into the title company, spoke with someone and asked who is in possession of title for a specific property address? And from there I’m assuming they were able to provide you with name and contact info? Or did you direct mail to the tax bill payers address? I am new and really appreciate the help! Cheers

@Austin Gleason No I went to the County Recorders Office, which in my case was next to the court house. They have a computer set up and I went in and searched the property address and the name of the owner popped up as well as wifes name. Now they did not have a number listed however I was able to look him up on facebook and get his number from there.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.