how do I find contact information for an owner of a vacant house?

7 Replies

any ideas would help!

Originally posted by @Ellis San Jose :

talk to neighbors, search title, skip trace, 

How do I search the title

Check your county's tax assessor website...

Originally posted by @Cody Hahn :
Originally posted by @Ellis San Jose:

talk to neighbors, search title, skip trace, 

How do I search the title

One of the most profitable skills you can learn is understanding title.  You can go to the County Recorders Office & search title documents to chain out the ownership & also discover any debt or liens.   Good luck

Ellis San Jose, Real Estate Agent in CA (#BRE01855039)
(805) 852-7418

@Ellis San Jose Thank you for your help. I was able to look up the title like you stated. I was able to get into contact with the owner and I have an appointment set up for thursday to view the home. Thanks for your help!

Originally posted by @Cody Hahn :

@Ellis San Jose Thank you for your help. I was able to look up the title like you stated. I was able to get into contact with the owner and I have an appointment set up for thursday to view the home. Thanks for your help!

@Cody Hahn Hi Cody, so, for clarification purposes you basically went into the title company, spoke with someone and asked who is in possession of title for a specific property address? And from there I’m assuming they were able to provide you with name and contact info? Or did you direct mail to the tax bill payers address? I am new and really appreciate the help! Cheers

@Austin Gleason No I went to the County Recorders Office, which in my case was next to the court house. They have a computer set up and I went in and searched the property address and the name of the owner popped up as well as wifes name. Now they did not have a number listed however I was able to look him up on facebook and get his number from there.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.