I know how a Double Close works, but what about the Contract?

1 Reply

Hello BP Friends,

I 100% understand the purchase agreement / assignment process and the contracts Involved for doing a low

dollar assignment amount normally.

My question is:

For high dollar amount assignments where we want to double close and I obviously don't want to put the assignment

fee on the contract. What is the process / documentation / contract that I would need. Would I Just use the same

purchase agreement that I used with the seller, except change the dollar amount? Are there other documents required?

I searched the forum, but couldn't find a solid answer. I am already aware of how the double close works. But the devil is in 

the details. Thank you for feedback :)

~Chris

@Chris Holdren  for higher dollar fee amounts between what you buy and sell for you'll want to do a double closing. I would encourage you to use a different purchase and sale agreement with Sellers and buyers. The terms and conditions of the agreements should be different. You want a "buyer friendly" contract when you are purchasing the contract and a "seller friendly" agreement when you are selling to your end buyer. For example, our typical selling contract (to end buyers) offers no due diligence/inspection period (they should do it before they sign an agreement) and substantially higher earnest money deposits than our seller agreements. 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.