Direct mailer/ text message/ email - Generic or specific property

1 Reply

Hi All,

I want to target some owners of a small multi-family. When i send this direct mailers or text messages or emails, can i specify the property which is in context and say that "John Smith, you have a 6 unit property at this address, your loan is expiring in 6 months, do you want to sell?"  or it should be only generic mailer that "we buy  your house/ apartment for cash please contact etc" ? 

Will it be a privacy issue/ solicitation if we directly specify name, address, loan details etc in direct mailer? Is it illegal?

Thanks for help, Sorry never did direct marketing,

Rama

Originally posted by @Rama Krishna :

Hi All,

I want to target some owners of a small multi-family. When i send this direct mailers or text messages or emails, can i specify the property which is in context and say that "John Smith, you have a 6 unit property at this address, your loan is expiring in 6 months, do you want to sell?"  or it should be only generic mailer that "we buy  your house/ apartment for cash please contact etc" ? 

Will it be a privacy issue/ solicitation if we directly specify name, address, loan details etc in direct mailer? Is it illegal?

Thanks for help, Sorry never did direct marketing,

Rama

You are safer sending mailers. Many people are on the "Do Not Call" list (which includes Texts) and if you are not careful you can get some people pretty upset. Even if they don't sue you, they will likely not deal with you. 

But, you have the basic idea.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.