Repair Costs for SF Bay Area

7 Replies

Originally posted by @Felipe Lehn de Carvalho :

Hi,

I'd like have an idea of average cost per square footage as far as a 1) light cosmetic fix, 2) full renovations and also 3) gut renovations in the San Francisco Bay Area...

Thank you,

Felipe

Such metrics unfortunately do not exist. At least not accurately.

Supply/demand for GCs in the Bay Area heavily favors the GCs. They are slammed and do not have time to waste. 

Generally one must have a property at least under contract to even get a GC to bid the job. And if the GC gets a sense that you're working with multiple GCs, they will not bother to show up. It is what it is.

Good luck.

I’m getting some replies from contractors saying costs per sqft range from $200-$300... compared to what I leaned from other states, that’s a huge difference... so, I know costs for everything in the Bay Area are higher than any other place, but I’d like know if that’s accurate...

Thanks

It can range from $250-$400 in San Francisco but trying to get a qualified GC with crew ready and available during the same year you want to do work... good luck. I scheduled mine 8 months ahead, especially after the north bay fires. 

$125-150/ sf gla for cosmetic update.  $175-$300 for rehabilitation.  Landscape, fence, appliance, pavers is extra.

In MTN VIEW a 2 br new condo is 1.6M all sold out first 10 days. In Alabama I doubt you need to pay $175K.

Thank you Sam

I got a project that I’m willing to put in contact in Redwood City... it’s a distressed home... contractor I took gave an estimate matching these numbers you mentioned...are you a cash buyer here in the Bay Area?