Wholesaling & Generating Quality Leads

8 Replies

Good Evening BP Community,

My partner and I are beginning to farm our territory and just recently purchased leads from a title company as our first step. We live and work in Washington State and are wondering what other ways you guys and gals are generating good leads in cost effective manner (i.e. pre-foreclosure lists, bandit signs, etc.) Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

@Jordan Tinning The problem with buying lists is that you're contacting the same people all the other wholesalers are. You should do door knocking and/or cold calling in a defined geographical area instead. There are several advantages to this:

1. Minimal competition.
2. You can generate all of your leads close to home.
3. Save a lot of time.
4. Dominate that area and become known as the 'go-to' guy.

Thanks Doug, I agree and think that’s good advice. Our approach at the beginning will be to cast a wide net (in terms of prospecting methods) and then see what yields the best results. Once We know which approach is most effective, we will double down on that and carve out or own niche accordingly. 

Hey @Jordan Tinning , another great way to generate leads is the driving for dollars method. You've probably already heard of it but in my opinion it is one of the most beneficial things to do when getting started. It gives you a sense of your area, creates your own unique list, and is pretty cost effective as well!

@Wes Short I really enjoy that method and use it for potential rental properties. Using the County Assesor’s website I find the owner. Do you have any better methods for obtaining phone numbers for the owners? 

@Dayne Winters I don't have a lot of experience tracking down phone numbers yet, I know skiptracing is the main method and there are a variety of sites to do that but I have not done enough research to have a great answer there. I'm sure someone in this forum does though haha!

Thanks All! I just sent out my first wave of mailers, but want to be more proactive as well by D4D and doorknocking etc. 

On the skip trace topic, does anyone have good suggestions for reliable/cost effective skip trace sites? Most of the ones I have looked at are not very good or are SUPER expensive. 

TIA!

Originally posted by @Jordan Tinning :

Thanks All! I just sent out my first wave of mailers, but want to be more proactive as well by D4D and doorknocking etc. 

On the skip trace topic, does anyone have good suggestions for reliable/cost effective skip trace sites? Most of the ones I have looked at are not very good or are SUPER expensive. 

TIA!

How'd that first wave go?