probate leads in Massachusetts

2 Replies

I am a total beginner...as in 101. Starting to look into MA wholesales. 

Someone mentioned the public records as a good starting point. I was wondering other than spending a lot of time on google (or paying someone on Upwork or Truelancer) to  track down the address, emails and phone numbers of the administrators or attorneys, is there a better way of finding deals through public records?

If I go to the Norfolk country court house is it gonna be easier to access the recent probate records with contact info and property addresses?

Or paying lead generator people would be a time saving approach (knowing that everyone else is probably buying the same leads.)

here is what I can see from the public records:

http://ma.mypublicnotices.com/PublicNotice.asp?Page=PublicNotice&AdId=4673022

Go to the courtroom where the hearings actually happen.  There's probably a list of the cases the court expects to hear that day, whoever appears the most are the biggest players and probably sell the most houses.  Sometimes they even list the type of hearing it is so you can sort it out from the list rather than listening in on all the cases which would take all day.  You want guardians and trustees that specialize in elderly, they usually have more houses to sell.

Also, the people milling around outside the court waiting for their turn, those are the attorneys and the guardians, usually family doesn't show up.  If you see the same person go up for 10 different cases then that's an attorney, guardian or trustee, not family.  Just introduce yourself or say you're looking for a guardian and ask for their contact info, then go research them.  They probably won't be to willing to chat about new business as they are doing last minute prep for hearings, but why not try soft/quick one sentence or question?

Title rep should be able to tell you who the big fiduciary sellers are in your area.   Usually a fiduciary uses the same escrow person over and over.

Could also monitor the journal of record, which is where the sales are required to be published to notify the public, again, whoever appears there the most is the player.  This is assuming other localities have a similar rule to rcw requiring 10 day publishing period.

Guardianship, Trust and Probate is a pretty small world, there's usually just a few big players involved.

There are also professional and trade associations and continuing education where you can figure our who all these people are.