Quit My Job and Plan to Wholesale

537 Replies

@Melanie Hartmann I would love to hear an update on this one! How did you decide that Now was the time to quit? Do you have alot of leads in your pipeline? I am hoping there was some kind of plan or strategy in place. 

@Melanie Hartmann its a good plan if you need to wholesale to build up some cash for down payments. but if you can afford it you could just jump in to investing. 

and maybe doing the odd flip. 

If your goal to hold apartments, but you still need to wholesale or flip, then you could consider trading small Multifamily. this way you start in the sector you want to be in long term and learn along the way.

Originally posted by @Hadar Orkibi :

@Melanie Hartmann its a good plan if you need to wholesale to build up some cash for down payments. but if you can afford it you could just jump in to investing. 

and maybe doing the odd flip. 

If your goal to hold apartments, but you still need to wholesale or flip, then you could consider trading small Multifamily. this way you start in the sector you want to be in long term and learn along the way.

All really great tips Hadar! Thank you!

Wow, right before a recession, quitting your job, and getting involved in something you have not done yet at all and the vast majority fail at. Then you claim it's the best decision for your life when you haven't even seen the outcome or results yet. That is not the bastion of critical thinking...sorry to be blunt...

And somehow you think that your fiance's income will make it all OK. You do realize the vast numbers of engagements that end (25%)? Apparently not, as you seem to not understand that there is a recession and a slow down in play soon, and yet you quit your job, and are already claiming that it's the best decisions for you and your family when you have not even done anything yet. I am astounded...I'll leave it at that...

"I've just quit my job. My fiance's job brings enough for us to cover are needed expenses and I have about a year's worth of savings built up on top of that. I have not done any deals yet but am planning to get into wholesaling ASAP."

"This wasn't on a whim and there are other factors at play. At this time it's the best decision for my life and my family." 

Originally posted by @Jack B. :

Wow, right before a recession, quitting your job, and getting involved in something you have not done yet at all and the vast majority fail at. Then you claim it's the best decision for your life when you haven't even seen the outcome or results yet. That is not the bastion of critical thinking...sorry to be blunt...

And somehow you think that your fiance's income will make it all OK. You do realize the vast numbers of engagements that end (25%)? Apparently not, as you seem to not understand that there is a recession and a slow down in play soon, and yet you quit your job, and are already claiming that it's the best decisions for you and your family when you have not even done anything yet. I am astounded...I'll leave it at that...

"I've just quit my job. My fiance's job brings enough for us to cover are needed expenses and I have about a year's worth of savings built up on top of that. I have not done any deals yet but am planning to get into wholesaling ASAP."

"This wasn't on a whim and there are other factors at play. At this time it's the best decision for my life and my family." 

Thank you for providing the most original insight available throughout this entire thread...  You are amazing! Cheers!

Originally posted by @Jack B. :

Dont such a downer..The same way you REALLY dont know that a recession is coming for sure and if so, how soon, the same way she decided this was the time for her to go for it, yes it is a risk but a calculated one,

I've got about 5 buyers on my cash buyers list now in the past 5 days and that's been WITHOUT marketing. I've also just gotten my FIRST COMPLETELY "ORGANIC" cash buyer sign up on my website from a mere internet search. That's pretty exciting I must say... :D

Originally posted by @Melanie Hartmann :

I've got about 5 buyers on my cash buyers list now in the past 5 days and that's been WITHOUT marketing. I've also just gotten my FIRST COMPLETELY "ORGANIC" cash buyer sign up on my website from a mere internet search. That's pretty exciting I must say... :D

Keep in mind buyers are liars. you going to need tons of them..  if you can get to a real player that's what U need.

you know how many cash buyers are on BP  that have no money  LOL.. but talk a good game.. ???  so keep reality in focus. 

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs :
Originally posted by @Melanie Hartmann:

Keep in mind buyers are liars. you going to need tons of them..  if you can get to a real player that's what U need.

you know how many cash buyers are on BP  that have no money  LOL.. but talk a good game.. ???  so keep reality in focus. 

Haha, oh I'm sure! Just looking at numbers, I've heard you need about 15 buyers for every 1 seller in order to sell anything. I'm just excited that someone found my website, trusted it enough (as I'm still working on it and it's been up less than a week), and signed up organically without any marketing on my part! And has been communicating with me since signing up. (it's the little things when you are first starting out, haha)

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:

Haha, on I'm sure! Just looking at numbers, I've heard you need about 15 buyers for every 1 seller in order to sell anything. I'm just excited that someone found my website, trusted it enough (as I'm still working on it and it's been up less than a week), and signed up organically without any marketing on my part!

you can either go the shot gun approach with a bunch of wanna bee's that waste your time..  OR instead of doing that research public records find out WHO the REAL buyers are and only present deals to them.. 

Haha, on I'm sure! Just looking at numbers, I've heard you need about 15 buyers for every 1 seller in order to sell anything. I'm just excited that someone found my website, trusted it enough (as I'm still working on it and it's been up less than a week), and signed up organically without any marketing on my part!

you can either go the shot gun approach with a bunch of wanna bee's that waste your time..  OR instead of doing that research public records find out WHO the REAL buyers are and only present deals to them.. 

Absolutely! I've been doing some research on the ways of doing that. Listsource seems to be one that comes up a lot. As I had initially suspected, based on my preliminary Listsource search, my current zip code and the ones immediately surrounding me have had a high number of cash buyers in the past 3 months.

Originally posted by @Account Closed :

How many here push BS?  i would like to know...............

My party pooper instincts must comment.    The 5 buyers who signed up are not serious.   Who signs up without knowing whats going on.  Whats  more troubling is Melanie thinks they are legit.

The 5 who signed up could be jokers from BP...........

The first 4 were from BP and communicating with them via this post and messages. The 5th one was an organic one that signed up this morning. Like I said, I'm EXCITED THAT SOMEONE FOUND MY SITE AND SIGNED UP! That's the point I was trying to make... the fact that someone FOUND my site all on their own and decided to sign up. That's pretty amazing to me. 

Absolutely! I've been doing some research on the ways of doing that. Listsource seems to be one that comes up a lot. As I had initially suspected, based on my preliminary Listsource search, my current zip code and the ones immediately surrounding me have had a high number of cash buyers in the past 3 months.

that's all bunk... its very easy.. just go to the tax records.. and scroll through when you see BBG investements owns 150 properties ( just pulling out a name) in the area you want to work.. that's your buyer... cut out all the middle men joker wholesale brokers and take your deals direct to the buyers.. GIS is public information.. learn how to use it.. its how I create all my custom data bases.. of course I use a VA to do it for me.. but we give them the path.. they create the product..

But but but I keep reading if I find the deal the money will find me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's all bunk... its very easy.. just go to the tax records.. and scroll through when you see BBG investements owns 150 properties ( just pulling out a name) in the area you want to work.. that's your buyer... cut out all the middle men joker wholesale brokers and take your deals direct to the buyers.. GIS is public information.. learn how to use it.. its how I create all my custom data bases.. of course I use a VA to do it for me.. but we give them the path.. they create the product..

Excellent Jay! Thank you for the tip. :)

https://makeloveland.com/

Originally posted by @Matt K. :

wow awesome site  book marking this one.. thanks. 

I don't see owner names though on this.. ????  but I love the mapping for sure.. pretty cool.. being a map guy

Originally posted by @Matt K.:

I don't see owner names though on this.. ????  but I love the mapping for sure.. pretty cool.. being a map guy

There are owner names  when you hover your mouse over the parcel, at least around my area where I checked, and the names appeared accurate based on the ones that I know. It also answered who owns the lots of vacant land in my area that I've been curious about since moving here years ago, haha. However, on the homepage there is a search box that says you can search by property owner. I searched myself and it didn't seem to work properly (i.e. I didn't come up). 

Originally posted by @Matt K.:

There are owner names  when you hover your mouse over the parcel, at least around my area where I checked, and the names appeared accurate based on the ones that I know. It also answered who owns the lots of vacant land in my area that I've been curious about since moving here years ago, haha. However, on the homepage there is a search box that says you can search by property owner. I searched myself and it didn't seem to work properly (i.e. I didn't come up). 

as usual it does not work for me.. I have my personal house up but cant find anywhere were the vesting is displayed.. when you go to assessor there is no vesting info... I suspect it there but I cant find it.. its why I hire people to do this stuff  LOL

Let's talk about that organic entry. Thst is very i treating having a brand new site. I think Google just indexed you and is fluctuating the position of your site. Still very interesting you already have an organic lead come in.

Good job! 

Respect the monkey!

Mouse power

Cool link. I haven't quite figured out how to use it (I can't even seem to find myself!) but definitely useful. 

EDIT: Ok, maybe not so cool. The information (at least in my area) is woefully out of date. I went to some of my specific parcels and it still shows owners from 3-4 years ago in some cases. And I know my local (TN) mapping shows them correctly. Oh well, interesting to look at anyway. 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here