Quit My Job and Plan to Wholesale

537 Replies

Originally posted by @Matt K. :
Originally posted by @D'kavvin Wilson:
Originally posted by @Caleb Heimsoth:
@D'kavvin Wilson

It sounds negative because 90 plus percent of wholesalers never do anything. Select few do a couple deals.

You can say that’s negativity but statistically most fail, it’s also just realistic. Conversely, it’s very hard to lose money in rentals OVER time (could be many years to make money but you get the point)

How many rich wholesalers do you know? I know zero. How many rich landlords do you know? Probably several. That’s not a coincidence

Anybody that is trying to do wholesaling I’m more then sure knows that it’s no easy sailing. Maybe there would be “RICH” wholesalers if people across the board did not give wholesalers a bad name and ACTUALLY HELP A WHOLESALER OUT instead of talking about... oooh 90 percent don’t make it they don’t do anything. HER CIMMENT WAS ABOUT HERE TRYING TO DO SOMETHING. And she is still getting drug down with negativity. 

Don’t start with me on rental property’s I know just as many in the edge rental property owners because they just get in the game buying everything but don’t realize it’s certain areas to buy and hold and not to buy and hold. You guys are ridiculous ROBERT KIYOSAKI got y’all stuck on rent rent rent .... it don’t make sense if you don’t know what you are doing AND JUST AS MANY DONT JUST LIKE THESE SO CALLED WHOLESALERS YOU ARE SPEAKING OF. 

May I should stick to the people that run bigger pockets because the members are lost in their own world.  

You realize there's plenty terrible wholesalers out there that's where the bad rap comes from. Couple that with people locking up properties at silly prices with no way to close and no idea what they're doing... That's why they get a bad rap.

How can someone with no experience tell me an estimated rehab cost and arv when they don't even understand the numbers on either side. That's why the majority get a and rap, because many ruined it for the few that have a good system.

Heck even op said she's not confident enough with rehab numbers to risk her own money, so she rather wholesale vs flip. Not saying that's a bad business choice (it's smart for her) but further proves the point. Of course she can learn but construction has a learning curve and in this case it's passed on to the buyers, who hopefully perform their own due diligence.

Just the other day there was a post on here where a wholesaler got a "good deal" on like a six Plex, yet he was 200/unit off on rent..which is probably the easiest thing to figure out. Sure it might be a good deal for someone , but 200/mo off in rent (800 vs 600) is a problem.

not to mention in many states to put up a website like this OP is doing and not own the property and not be licensed is flat illegal LOL its brokering real estate without a license and a clear violation.. I suspect it is in Maryland to they probably just don't enforce it unless someone files a complaint.. 

@melanie Hartmann,

I know this is new to you, as it is for me as well, I lost my job in January 2018 and was unable to find work ( Age discrimination) which is hard to prove. but taking the initiative I started wholesaling properties, I am actually closing on my first deal today. But it will work for you as you have the right attitude and drive to make it. Once you start wholesaling you will see there are a lot of websites that cater to wholesalers. Do some research and you will find quite a few places where you can market your deals, so you won't have to spend ANY money on marketing. You can also get other wholesalers to market your deals and close them faster. Hats off to you and good hunting.

@Melanie Hartmann

Step 1) use the attention you are getting on this post and attending to by answering all these 300 comments in 7 days to your advantage ----> 

1A) Get your online presence up IMMEDIATELY and get your BP signature with a phone number and website and email address. even if you do not have have you website up get your domain up with a coming soon page that details out what you do.  

1B) Set up your facebook page for your company 

1C) On that website add tracking codes from google analytics and FB cookie tracking code so you can retarget all the traffic you would have gotten and will be getting once you set up your signature.  As people comment they will be clicking on your link learning to see who you are, doing basic due diligence on you and getting the cookies set so you can remarket to them. Once somebody goes to your site with an FB cookie you can set up an audience and market to that audience of those people that have come to your website or FB page.  

In the next 24 hours I would stop looking to comment on these posts and spend the time getting your signature up on BP and then begin commenting again. 

Use this attention to your advantage! Go get em :)

Originally posted by @Matt K. :
@D'kavvin Wilson

It sounds negative because 90 plus percent of wholesalers never do anything. Select few do a couple deals.

You can say that’s negativity but statistically most fail, it’s also just realistic. Conversely, it’s very hard to lose money in rentals OVER time (could be many years to make money but you get the point)

How many rich wholesalers do you know? I know zero. How many rich landlords do you know? Probably several. That’s not a coincidence

Anybody that is trying to do wholesaling I’m more then sure knows that it’s no easy sailing. Maybe there would be “RICH” wholesalers if people across the board did not give wholesalers a bad name and ACTUALLY HELP A WHOLESALER OUT instead of talking about... oooh 90 percent don’t make it they don’t do anything. HER CIMMENT WAS ABOUT HERE TRYING TO DO SOMETHING. And she is still getting drug down with negativity. 

Don’t start with me on rental property’s I know just as many in the edge rental property owners because they just get in the game buying everything but don’t realize it’s certain areas to buy and hold and not to buy and hold. You guys are ridiculous ROBERT KIYOSAKI got y’all stuck on rent rent rent .... it don’t make sense if you don’t know what you are doing AND JUST AS MANY DONT JUST LIKE THESE SO CALLED WHOLESALERS YOU ARE SPEAKING OF. 

May I should stick to the people that run bigger pockets because the members are lost in their own world.  

You realize there's plenty terrible wholesalers out there that's where the bad rap comes from. Couple that with people locking up properties at silly prices with no way to close and no idea what they're doing... That's why they get a bad rap.

How can someone with no experience tell me an estimated rehab cost and arv when they don't even understand the numbers on either side. That's why the majority get a and rap, because many ruined it for the few that have a good system.

Heck even op said she's not confident enough with rehab numbers to risk her own money, so she rather wholesale vs flip. Not saying that's a bad business choice (it's smart for her) but further proves the point. Of course she can learn but construction has a learning curve and in this case it's passed on to the buyers, who hopefully perform their own due diligence.

Just the other day there was a post on here where a wholesaler got a "good deal" on like a six Plex, yet he was 200/unit off on rent..which is probably the easiest thing to figure out. Sure it might be a good deal for someone , but 200/mo off in rent (800 vs 600) is a problem.

How many wholesalers have you helped? Until then you have no fight in this since you are just big dog status. This status was about a woman quitting her job and looking for guidance not a bunch of negativity and discouraging comments when this is “SUPPOSE” to be an uplifting community. If you are going to tell her what she is doing wrong THEN TELL HER HOW TO FIX IT WHICH NOBODY DID SO SHUT IT! 

Originally posted by @Chris Jackson :

@Melanie Hartmann

Step 1) use the attention you are getting on this post and attending to by answering all these 300 comments in 7 days to your advantage ----> 

1A) Get your online presence up IMMEDIATELY and get your BP signature with a phone number and website and email address. even if you do not have have you website up get your domain up with a coming soon page that details out what you do.  

1B) Set up your facebook page for your company 

1C) On that website add tracking codes from google analytics and FB cookie tracking code so you can retarget all the traffic you would have gotten and will be getting once you set up your signature.  As people comment they will be clicking on your link learning to see who you are, doing basic due diligence on you and getting the cookies set so you can remarket to them. Once somebody goes to your site with an FB cookie you can set up an audience and market to that audience of those people that have come to your website or FB page.  

In the next 24 hours I would stop looking to comment on these posts and spend the time getting your signature up on BP and then begin commenting again. 

Use this attention to your advantage! Go get em :)

In all my running around getting my brand/presence up elsewhere, I completely overlooked adding some of that to my signature on BP! That's done now. It's all a work in progress but it's getting there. Thank you Chris!

So you have a background in construction or investing and know how to Analyze rehab costs? You know all the comps in the area you plan to wholesale? Have a real estate license? Experience flipping or ??

Originally posted by @D'kavvin Wilson :
Originally posted by @Matt K.:
@D'kavvin Wilson

How many wholesalers have you helped? Until then you have no fight in this since you are just big dog status. This status was about a woman quitting her job and looking for guidance not a bunch of negativity and discouraging comments when this is “SUPPOSE” to be an uplifting community. If you are going to tell her what she is doing wrong THEN TELL HER HOW TO FIX IT WHICH NOBODY DID SO SHUT IT!   I'm not sure defending her is doing her any favors. Wholesaling (Flipping contracts) Requires experience. Otherwise you just waste investors time with deals that don't work. First thing gugru's do is cram the wholesaling crap down every young broke kids throat. These folks are just being realistic. Without experience its highly unlikely a wholesaler will be sucessfull

Originally posted by @Matt K.:
@D'kavvin Wilson

How many wholesalers have you helped? Until then you have no fight in this since you are just big dog status. This status was about a woman quitting her job and looking for guidance not a bunch of negativity and discouraging comments when this is “SUPPOSE” to be an uplifting community. If you are going to tell her what she is doing wrong THEN TELL HER HOW TO FIX IT WHICH NOBODY DID SO SHUT IT! 

Define help, because I'm not a charity and won't buy a bad deal just to help someone. But a good performer I help plenty. My realtors treated me with respect on a tiny purchase...I've helped them by simply telling others of the service I got.

Look at my votes, I help here plenty. I get messages non-stop and I answer them an help over and over. In fact even in this very thread I've helped. That other wholesaler I posted about, I helped there by correcting his numbers and then offering to help review them with him.

Speaking of help though, what have you done to help?

Lol wow I don’t even no how to answer this.... what do I need a real estate license for? ( please don’t day to run cma’s) I can use a agents login for that. Why do I need to have a background in construction( when I have contractors and mentors just go with me to the house I’m looking to get under contract and get their more professional analysis. Do I have experience flipping ... yes I do as if matter of fact.

I don’t have to know how to do everything I just need to no how to find the people that know what I need to know.... you guys are killing me 

Lol wow I don’t even no how to answer this.... what do I need a real estate license for? ( please don’t day to run cma’s) I can use a agents login for that. Why do I need to have a background in construction( when I have contractors and mentors just go with me to the house I’m looking to get under contract and get their more professional analysis. Do I have experience flipping ... yes I do as if matter of fact.

I don’t have to know how to do everything I just need to no how to find the people that know what I need to know.... you guys are killing me 

Well OK except my post had nothing to do with you so you don't need to answer it,, It was in response to the original post.  I'm a full time rehabber. If you have deals we buy them. There's no emotion in it. But 90% of  the wholesalers try to pass on crap that is not accurately assessed. But hey... If you dont care what buyers think....

Well OK except my post had nothing to do with you so you don't need to answer it,, It was in response to the original post.  I'm a full time rehabber. If you have deals we buy them. There's no emotion in it. But 90% of  the wholesalers try to pass on crap that is not accurately assessed. But hey... If you dont care what buyers think....

I don't think your agents that are giving you their log ins would appreciate you mentioning that in public.. that's a total violation they can get fined 20 to 25k in Oregon for that and lose their privlages.. there is private owner information on the agents look in.. that is reserved for agents only not the public.. Geesh  no wonder you un licensed wild men get such a bad rap.. you simply don't follow any rules but your own.. really sad .

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs :

I don't think your agents that are giving you their log ins would appreciate you mentioning that in public.. that's a total violation they can get fined 20 to 25k in Oregon for that and lose their privlages.. there is private owner information on the agents look in.. that is reserved for agents only not the public.. Geesh  no wonder you un licensed wild men get such a bad rap.. you simply don't follow any rules but your own.. really sad .

Lmao wow it does not stop... do you guys no there is such thing as being an assistant to an agent which allows you mls access??? .... GEEEESH I THOUGHT I WAS THE AMATEUR HERE TO LEARN BUT YOU GUYS SOUND OLD AND WASHED UP LIKE YOU STOPPED YOUR EDUCATION. 

I’m done here guys. I wish all the “Positive” ppl here the best of luck and much success. I can’t stay here I’m giving away free unpaid for education to to many negative people lol. 

I’m done here guys. I wish all the “Positive” ppl here the best of luck and much success. I can’t stay here I’m giving away free unpaid for education to to many negative people lol. 

When you'd start lol

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs :

Loose lips sinks ships...

@Melanie Hartmann Go all in and leave no room for failure nor luck!. Hope is great, but faith without hard work is dead. Go all in! Be the best hardworking wholesaler you can be. Get to the leads before your competitors. Know all about properties in the county you want to operate in. Know the dates the fresh lists come out, how to get names, addresses etc of property owners, how to skip trace, how to use Call Rail. Go to your local REI club and meet like-minded people. Get close, and find an experienced wholesaler to be your partner/mentor.

Go on youtube and watch tons of videos. I chose Max Maxwell to learn from (find him on youtube/facebook/Instagram), then go out and take massive action.

Don't sit at home! Get on the road and put actions to your knowledge. Prove yourself.

Wish you success! You can do this!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here