Hi All! I had to share. Against all conventional advice and wisdom, I've just quit my job. My fiance's job brings enough for us to cover are needed expenses and I have about a year's worth of savings built up on top of that. I have not done any deals yet but am planning to get into wholesaling ASAP. Just wanted to share. I'm going all in!
What was your job?
Im always so confused by these, at what point did your job prevent you from doing a deal? Was it not possible to do both?
I guess depending on what the job was then maybe that plays into it some...but curious of the thought process on this..
Hey @Melanie Hartmann!!! My husband referred me to this thread b/c he noticed it was getting so much negativity and he thought you might need a little ENCOURAGEMENT!!!!! YOU GO, GIRL!!!! I'm doing the same thing as you and I'm 1 month in and on the precipice of my first deal!!! It can be done and with the right attitude and work ethic you WILL be successful! The key for me is to remember through all the rejections there will be those people that I can truly help out of a distressed time! One really helpful thing that I have done is join my local Real Estate Investors Club. Those are like-minded folks that have a FB group and meet regularly and befriending them has provided me leads and even partners on deals! Best thing I've done for my wholesaling business so far! Hang in there and tell me when you close your first deal!!! It's exciting and fun! YOU CAN DO IT!
Hi All! I had to share. Against all conventional advice and wisdom, I've just quit my job. My fiance's job brings enough for us to cover are needed expenses and I have about a year's worth of savings built up on top of that. I have not done any deals yet but am planning to get into wholesaling ASAP. Just wanted to share. I'm going all in!
Wish you all the best!!! I wouldn't have quit... I would have slacked till FIRED 😁
Ohhh late today 2hour lunches staring at the walls.. ..the normal YOU'RE FIRED stuff
Hahahaha! True, then unemployment could have followed! Actually, from what I saw, it's pretty hard to get fired from where I left. Aside from engaging in assault, sexual assualt, or openingly engaging in some illegal activities. And sometimes even just "regular" assualt wasn't always enough.
BUT just in case I DO need to get back into my field... My bosses boss has a LOT of sway nationwide so she'd likely keep that from happening. My (old) profession, it's a small niche, and word travels FAST. I did not want to become "blacklisted." Heck, I can't even say my true peace or fully advertise online yet because, well... it's just too soon.
(Honestly, I have not "officially" quit yet. I've been trying to since last week but they've been ignoring and cold-shouldering me, so I may have already been blacklisted. Oops!)
Hey @Melanie Hartmann!!! My husband referred me to this thread b/c he noticed it was getting so much negativity and he thought you might need a little ENCOURAGEMENT!!!!! YOU GO, GIRL!!!! I'm doing the same thing as you and I'm 1 month in and on the precipice of my first deal!!! It can be done and with the right attitude and work ethic you WILL be successful! The key for me is to remember through all the rejections there will be those people that I can truly help out of a distressed time! One really helpful thing that I have done is join my local Real Estate Investors Club. Those are like-minded folks that have a FB group and meet regularly and befriending them has provided me leads and even partners on deals! Best thing I've done for my wholesaling business so far! Hang in there and tell me when you close your first deal!!! It's exciting and fun! YOU CAN DO IT!
That's awesome Leslie! Haha and so kind of your husband too! I really do plan to make this work. I'm excited to hear that, overall, it's going well for you. Now that I no longer have that job, I'll actually have time to go to the my local REIA meetings and such. I've been wanting to for MONTHS! Now, I can. That does seem to be the next Big step for me that I get to take now. I'm pumped! Glad to hear that the REI groups have helped! I was hoping that would be the case.
Right? That's what I'm saying! Haha, thank you Alex!
Hi All! I had to share. Against all conventional advice and wisdom, I've just quit my job. My fiance's job brings enough for us to cover are needed expenses and I have about a year's worth of savings built up on top of that. I have not done any deals yet but am planning to get into wholesaling ASAP. Just wanted to share. I'm going all in!
Wish you all the best!!! I wouldn't have quit... I would have slacked till FIRED 😁
Ohhh late today 2hour lunches staring at the walls.. ..the normal YOU'RE FIRED stuff
Hahahaha! True, then unemployment could have followed! Actually, from what I saw, it's pretty hard to get fired from where I left. Aside from engaging in assault, sexual assualt, or openingly engaging in some illegal activities. And sometimes even just "regular" assualt wasn't always enough.
BUT just in case I DO need to get back into my field... My bosses boss has a LOT of sway nationwide so she'd likely keep that from happening. My (old) profession, it's a small niche, and word travels FAST. I did not want to become "blacklisted." Heck, I can't even say my true peace or fully advertise online yet because, well... it's just too soon.
(Honestly, I have not "officially" quit yet. I've been trying to since last week but they've been ignoring and cold-shouldering me, so I may have already been blacklisted. Oops!)
The h👀l... Now 'is' you "done" quit or what 😂
Hi All! I had to share. Against all conventional advice and wisdom, I've just quit my job. My fiance's job brings enough for us to cover are needed expenses and I have about a year's worth of savings built up on top of that. I have not done any deals yet but am planning to get into wholesaling ASAP. Just wanted to share. I'm going all in!
Wish you all the best!!! I wouldn't have quit... I would have slacked till FIRED 😁
Ohhh late today 2hour lunches staring at the walls.. ..the normal YOU'RE FIRED stuff
Hahahaha! True, then unemployment could have followed! Actually, from what I saw, it's pretty hard to get fired from where I left. Aside from engaging in assault, sexual assualt, or openingly engaging in some illegal activities. And sometimes even just "regular" assualt wasn't always enough.
BUT just in case I DO need to get back into my field... My bosses boss has a LOT of sway nationwide so she'd likely keep that from happening. My (old) profession, it's a small niche, and word travels FAST. I did not want to become "blacklisted." Heck, I can't even say my true peace or fully advertise online yet because, well... it's just too soon.
(Honestly, I have not "officially" quit yet. I've been trying to since last week but they've been ignoring and cold-shouldering me, so I may have already been blacklisted. Oops!)
The h👀l... Now 'is' you "done" quit or what 😂
I finally got word that "my incident has been logged" from when I contacted Human Capital (whatever that means) but my immediate boss/supervisor has ignored me entirely. I have no clue what's going on... Guess it's not much different from when I was (trying) to work there either so I shouldn't really be surprised... I dunno. I figured they'd want me off payroll ASAP before the school year starts next week.
@Melanie Hartmann I can't recommend you or anyone else do what you did. The reason is, statistically you will fail.
However I can also tell you that, people who try to keep one toe in the water as a safety net fail at even greater rates. People who go all in like you tend to be more successful because they don't have another option. You become successful because you have to.
There are lots of active members here from Baltimore to network with and lots of investing groups in the baltimore area. Search here for the Friday landlord lunch which is one of the best groups for networking
@Adrien C. Wow thats awesome to hear! congrats!
I think it is you that is not getting the message here.
Her like me KNOW it is dangerous, and we KNOW it may not be the "safest thing to do. Yes yes YESSS we get that .. we get this.
What she is saying, is she WILL risk it, knowing the possibilities of failure and simply give it all she's got.
And here is the funny thing.
NONE of the naysayers can tell me anything about what is best and it is dumb and... because I have already done it that way and for me it worked!! If I had stayed with my demanding life draining job, I would have NEVER made it! I can promise you that!
For some it is not the best thing to do, for others, that have that certain fire inside, those select few that thrive on challenge... good luck stopping them with their self projected fear and insecurities!
I did it that way and because of SIMPLY THAT, just and simply BECAUSE of that huge risk, I had to step up. I couldn't afford to be lazy like my competitors, that were very comfortable with their little job. I had to make it happen or else..
When my competitors were watching TV with a beer in their hand I was SEO'ing. When they were pooping, I was SEO'ing (while pooping).
When they were sleeping at 10PM, I was SEO'ing.
If I had a job, and did it the "safe way" with a job, I would not have been doing all this... get it?
YES we get and see your point, .. now see mine (hers).
You can do it the "right" safe, way... or you can know your worth, know you are smarter, work harder and better than those idiot lazy dumb competitors and crush it !
I chose the latter, and apparently, so is she.
BTW, you don't become a surgeon only after you study the theory. You need to DO it to get it. You learn by doing. That is why they poke frogs and stuffs.
Believe me.. if YOU had wholesaled you would know beyond a doubt, you don't "learn" how to wholesale and get good at it... BEFORE you actually wholesale. You learn how to do it after you MAKE your first deal and you experience all the flaws of that first experience and then you know the steps, the procedure, then you tweak... and tweak.. and tweak, till you find your perfect system.
I wish you the best of luck! Go head first and don't look back
@Melanie Hartmann I can't recommend you or anyone else do what you did. The reason is, statistically you will fail.
However I can also tell you that, people who try to keep one toe in the water as a safety net fail at even greater rates. People who go all in like you tend to be more successful because they don't have another option. You become successful because you have to.
There are lots of active members here from Baltimore to network with and lots of investing groups in the baltimore area. Search here for the Friday landlord lunch which is one of the best groups for networking
I like this feller!
And not just because he has a beard!
This thread was interesting and I enjoyed both sides. @Melanie Hartmann good luck to you!! Please keep us updated. Your Spirit is strong!
I think it is you that is not getting the message here.
Her like me KNOW it is dangerous, and we KNOW it may not be the "safest thing to do. Yes yes YESSS we get that .. we get this.
What she is saying, is she WILL risk it, knowing the possibilities of failure and simply give it all she's got.
I did it that way ad because of SIMPLY THAT, just and simply BECAUSE of that huge risk, I had to step up. I couldn't afford to be lazy like my competitors, I had to make it happen or else..
When my competitors were watching TV with a beer in their hand I was SEO'ing. When they were pooping, I was SEO'ing (while pooping).
When they were sleeping at 10PM, I was SEO'ing.
If I had a job, and did it the "safe way" with a job still, I would not have been doing all this... get it?
YES we get and see your point, .. now see mine (hers).
You can do it the "right" safe, way... or you can know your worth, know you are smarter, work harder and better than those idiot lazy dumb competitors and crush it !
I chose the latter, and apparently, so is she.
BTW, you don't become a surgeon only after you study the theory. You need to DO it to get it. You learn by doing. That is why they poke frogs and stuffs.
Believe me.. if YOU had wholesaled you would know beyond a doubt, you don't "learn" how to wholesale and get good at it... BEFORE you actually wholesale. You learn how to do it after you MAKE your first deal and you experience all the flaws of that first experience and then you know the steps, the procedure, then you tweak... and tweak.. and tweak, till you find your perfect system.
I think it is great that you are successful at your job and that you have a lot of grit and worked harder than the competition. That has nothing to do with the subject or what I wrote about though. Because you started your wholesale business with no education, experience and plan and were able to succeed does not mean that this is a good plan. To bet $100 on red and win does not make it a good plan. It just makes it a blind gamble.
If she wants to quit her job because she feels like it then that is great. If she is quitting her job because she thinks it will help her with starting to gain knowledge and experience in wholesaling then she is probably wrong. 75% of what she needs to do can be done without quitting her job. And if we are talking about grit than nothing will happen to put in the extra grit for the first 6 months during her free time, doing the work and gaining the knowledge after work, during breaks and on weekends. The quitting part is the easy part. The determination and persistence even when things are tough at the beginning is the hard part. Besides having some money in the bank, not liking her job and reading a few website blogs about wholesaling it doesn’t really sound like there is any plan or strategy in place.
I am all for Financial Independence and I think that her mind set is definitely on track in the right direction. I also definitely think that she should do it but responsibly. It just needs to done with a solid plan. “I want to wholesale” is not a solid plan.
I think it is great that you are successful at your job and that you have a lot of grit and worked harder than the competition. That has nothing to do with the subject or what I wrote about though. Because you started your wholesale business with no education, experience and plan and were able to succeed does not mean that this is a good plan. To bet $100 on red and win does not make it a good plan. It just makes it a blind gamble.
Thank you!
But Dude, No one mentioned a "plan". I never said "it is a good plan". I never said "because I did it and it worked for me it WILL also work for you". I never said I did it so you should too. I said.. if you want to quit your job because you want to focus on this and give it your 300% FRECK heah! It is risky but if you feel that you can make it, I support you big time! WHY? Because I KNOW it is possible.. because I did it too!
Big difference. Get it?
You:
If she wants to quit her job because she feels like it then that is great. If she is quitting her job because she thinks it will help her with starting to gain knowledge and experience in wholesaling then she is probably wrong. 75% of what she needs to do can be done without quitting her job.
Wrong. That is YOUR opinion.. and based on what?! YOUR life? YOUR situation? YOUR background? YOUR assumptions on what she can and can't do? No no my friend.. totally wrong. Wrong seriously!
Let me give you some perspective WHY I KNOW you are wrong.
So assumption.. according to you then, what applies to her applies to everyone in that position (otherwise you wouldn't tell her you are going to fail (most likely) without knowing much about her at all. So my assumption is founded!
If that is the case, then your sayings would also apply to.. let's say.. me! OK so far all logical steps!
75% of what she needs to do can be done while having a job. Thus, this equals to: 75% of what I need to do can be done while having a job.
OK, now lets disprove this shall we:
Do you know what MY job was? I make paraplegic people walk again with new (uninvented) technology. I was NEVER done thinking. I come home and I open my computer laptop and started figuring out equations that seemingly couldn't be solved. WHILE cooking, WHILE EATING, while ... (I will be banned if I continue this sentence) I dream about solutions and I wake up in the middle of the night with my notebook right next to me writing it all down before I forget. (I found the best solutions that way). and then you tell me I can do 75% of the things I need to do while having my job.. seriously dude,.. no! who the heck are you to tell me this? that is actually insulting!
So it is quite insulting to just assume you know someone and then preach what she has time to do or can not do...
And let me humor you.. even if that is so... 75% of the things can be done having her job.. MAYBE.. but not with 100% of her time and attention HAVING said job. So absolutely wrong! Your flaw here is that you project YOUR life and YOUR situation onto HER options. Nope! Not allowed. No points for you mister!
OK I am done "debating" this though as this entire thread is getting seriously retarded. The problem everyone here is having is that they project THEIR life, their fears, their limitations, and their opinions onto others and assume they are in the same realm of living as them.
Jut doesnt work that way man
@Melanie Hartmann I'm sure you'll do just fine. "Research says you have a 36% chance of building a successful business while keeping your day job".
I think podcasts and books hype the "quit your job philosophy" too much.
In any case, good luck and NOW go all in 😊
I think it is great that you are successful at your job and that you have a lot of grit and worked harder than the competition. That has nothing to do with the subject or what I wrote about though. Because you started your wholesale business with no education, experience and plan and were able to succeed does not mean that this is a good plan. To bet $100 on red and win does not make it a good plan. It just makes it a blind gamble.
Thank you!
But Dude, No one mentioned a "plan". I never said "it is a good plan". I never said "because I did it and it worked for me it WILL also work for you". I never said I did it so you should too. I said.. if you want to quit your job because you want to focus on this and give it your 300% FRECK heah! It is risky but if you feel that you can make it, I support you big time! WHY? Because I KNOW it is possible.. because I did it too!
Big difference. Get it?
You:
If she wants to quit her job because she feels like it then that is great. If she is quitting her job because she thinks it will help her with starting to gain knowledge and experience in wholesaling then she is probably wrong. 75% of what she needs to do can be done without quitting her job.
Wrong. That is YOUR opinion.. and based on what?! YOUR life? YOUR situation? YOUR background? YOUR assumptions on what she can and can't do? No no my friend.. totally wrong. Wrong seriously!
75% of what she needs to do can be done while having a job. WTH man.. first of all, NO! Do you know what MY job was? I make people walk again. I was NEVER done thinking. I come home and I open my computer laptop and started figuring out equations that seemingly couldn't be solved. WHILE cooking, WHILE EATING, I dream about solutions and I wake up in the middle of the night with my notebook right next to me writing it all down before I forget. (I found the best solutions that way). and then you tell me I can do 75% of the things I need to do while having my job.. seriously dude,.. who the heck are you to tell me this? that is actually insulting!
And let me humor you.. een if that is so... 75% of the things can be done having her job.. MAYBE.. but not with 100% of her time and attention HAVING said job. So absolutely wrong! Your flaw here is that you project YOUR life and YOUR situation onto HER options. Nope! Not allowed. No points for you mister!
OK I am done "debating" this though as this entire thread is getting seriously retarded. The problem everyone here is having is that they project THEIR life, their fears, their limitations, and their opinions onto others and assume they are in the same realm of living as them.
Jut doesnt work that way man
I actually don’t get it. You are speaking a lot of RaRa and fluff. It sounds great but unfortunately my friend that is not reality.
Of course everyone’s situation is different. But that is just a general comment that doesn’t really help. Notice that nothing of what you said is actually something actionable. To tell people (especially newbies) to go for it and just do it and all kinds of sentences like that with absolutely no actionable steps and plans is just a lot of rarara and pretty irresponsible.
If she has a solid plan that there is a specific reason why she is quitting her job immediately then fine. But in no way did she describe that in any of the posts. She just wants to quit because she wants to wholesale. And besides the definition of the word and reading a few blogs about wholesaling she doesn’t really have real knowledge about the business. That is not an actionable plan.
I understand your passion and that is a really good thing. Keep that. Just read carefully and understand the difference between a plan and dumb luck. When you play the odds of life you want to try and have the odds in your favor.
Originally posted by @Yoni Ramras:
I understand your passion and that is a really good thing. Keep that. Just read carefully and understand the difference between a plan and dumb luck.
Don't confuse hard work and dedication with dumb luck!
Don't confuse hard work and dedication with dumb luck!
You are right. If I tell you to join a race and you have no idea what direction you are running in your dedication and hard work will get you very far. Only problem is that it will probably be in the wrong direction :-)
Don't confuse hard work and dedication with dumb luck!
You are right. If I tell you to join a race and you have no idea what direction you are running in your dedication and hard work will get you very far. Only problem is that it will probably be in the wrong direction :-)
She has gotten an LLC,
She has gotten 3 websites
She has gotten a Google Number,
She is following a guide that I gave her how I did it...
she is learning how to do Direct mail marketing
She is about to find an investor friendly attorney
She is about to learn how to find buyers and populate a buyers list.
she is....
I really don't understand why you keep assuming you know her, know what she is doing, why you assume she has no plan..
but ok.. your opinion here really doesnt affect anyone honestly.
She is on the way to a great start, no matter what anyone here says.. so... what the heck are we debating here again?
she did all this in 1 day? 2 days? How many of you newbie wholesalers with a job... have done all this in one day?
So say what you will.. she quit her job and she is already way ahead of so many other wannabees with a job looking to do this for years now, but just don't step up.
I SERIOUSLY have no idea what grounds you are defending... but ok..