Brochures to leave with House sellers - sample

5 Replies

Hi Guys,

I'm not sure where I heard it, but it was probably the BP podcast. A wholesaler who was meeting with sellers would leave a nice, professional brochure at the seller's house after meeting with them.

My team usually leaves at business card at the house, but I would like to have some sort of glossy literature to give a professional impression to the homeowner.

Does anyone here have an example of what they have done for this? Or some ideas of what to put it in.

Thanks all!

@Luc Boiron I used to leave a nice brochure about 10 pages long with background on myself and my company, details on how selling to me works, and testimonials. But I found it made no difference whatsoever. It didn't persuade unmotivated sellers do sell to me, and motivated sellers didn't bother to even look at it, all they cared about was whether or not I was willing to buy.

@Doug Pretorius , thanks for the reply. My reasoning is not that this will make a big difference, but if it helps me get 1 in 100 that I wouldn't otherwise get it would still be worth it. Also, it might give a slightly better impression of my company when some sellers call me as well as 5 other people.

@Luc Boiron Sorry I can't offer any other insight, I didn't use it in a competitive scenario. My usual response to a multiple offer situation is: "Let me know if the other offers don't work out." :)

But good luck! It would be interesting to see if there's a measurable increase in deals, or even if just one seller said that the brochure clinched it for them.

Thanks Doug. I'm at the point where I have the basics all working, just trying the little tweaks to improve things. I'll let you know if it makes any difference.