Do i send the P&S Agreement to the buyer also?

12 Replies

Once I have found a buyer, do I send over the assignment contract for  the to sign AND the original Purchase and Sell agreement between me and the seller? If I sent them the original Purchase and Sell agreement won't they see the original price that I negotiated with the buyer.

@Darvin Ezell they only need the assignment contract. Which will have the assignment fee on it so they will know anyways. If your buyers have a problem with how much your getting paid, get new buyers. If it's a good deal for them that meets all their parameters, it doesn't matter if you get paid $1 or $100,000 cause they would have never got the deal if it wasn't for you. 

If you really don't want them to know what your making, just do a double close. It's a bit more expensive because of the extra closing costs, but it will keep the specifics of the deal clouded. Of course, you should adjust your prices accordingly.

Any intelligent buyer will not only want to see the original agreement, they will require it. How else would anybody know what terms they are agreeing to? The purchase price can be redacted if necessary. 

If there is too much profit in an assignment deal to put on a settlement statement, just double close.

Originally posted by @Tom Gimer :

Any intelligent buyer will not only want to see the original agreement, they will require it. How else would anybody know what terms they are agreeing to? The purchase price can be redacted if necessary. 

If there is too much profit in an assignment deal to put on a settlement statement, just double close.

if most buyers will require seeing the original contract with the original purchase amount, what would be the point of a double close? Im confused

Originally posted by @Darvin Ezell :
Originally posted by @Tom Gimer:

if most buyers will require seeing the original contract with the original purchase amount, what would be the point of a double close? Im confused

If you're double closing you aren't assigning your interest in the original contract. It would be a straight-up sale and the end buyer would not be privy to the terms of your acquisition. 

Originally posted by @Darvin Ezell:
Originally posted by @Tom Gimer:

if i knew that i wanted to do a double close instead of assigning it, i would use two purchase and sale agreements?

@Darvin Ezell with an assignment, your buyer is agreeing to whatever is in your contract with the seller. In a double close, your buyer is ONLY under contract with you, so whatever deal you made with the seller doesnt matter
Originally posted by @Jason D. :
@Darvin Ezell with an assignment, your buyer is agreeing to whatever is in your contract with the seller. In a double close, your buyer is ONLY under contract with you, so whatever deal you made with the seller doesnt matter

so you send your buyers over the original p&S agreement and the assignment too? Or do you send over just the assignment contract, and if they ask for it, then send the original p&s to them?

Originally posted by @Jason D. :
@Darvin Ezell I dont do assigned contacts, but as a buyer, I would want to see the contract I'm buying. What you're selling is a contract, not a property, so I would want to know what I'm buying.

ok, understood....if you mind me asking, what do you, if not assigned contracts?