Votes
Robert Hanson
  • Portland, OR
Votes |
Opinions Wanted

Robert Hanson
  • Portland, OR
Posted Nov 25 2011, 09:22

Hi All- I am new to the site, it's a lot of good information. I have a question that some of you might have been through in the past and would like to get some opinions. I have been working as an agent for a wholesale company in the Portland area for a few years now. In 2011 I will have brought in over $200k in assignment/double close fees to the office. As an agent my take is 50% of that. I am really wanting to move to another territory in another city and would like to get some opinions on how to handle this with my current employer. I feel loyalty to them because without them I wouldn't have the knowledge that I do. On the flip side, I have also put a lot of money in their pockets.

I am really torn on how I should go about this. I have approached the company about me moving and they aren't willing to invest any money into the new operation but still want a portion of the earnings. I don't want to burn any bridges by cutting them out but I also don't feel it's fair to simply give over a portion of my income each month for someone with no capital investment and no participation in the day-to-day operations.

Any thoughts?

Loading replies...