Wholesale: First Appointment and I have no clue what to do next

Wholesale: First Appointment and I have no clue what to do next

New to Real Estate · Pottstown, PA · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 0 votes

So I scheduled my first appointment tomorrow with an absentee owner and I'm not sure how to estimate the repairs. I spoke to the seller and he explained that the property is outdated. For some reason, he said the place was livable but then said it could be a gut job as well. I was a little nervous only because that was my first cold call. I would take any suggestions on how I should prepare for tomorrow's appointment? Also, what questions should be asked during the appointment?

0Reply
18 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Austin TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    @London Houston If you arent comfortable estimating repairs then I would suggest paying a contractor to come and give you a repair estimate. Most sellers are fine with an investor bringing their contractor.

  • New to Real Estate · Pottstown, PA · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Lydia R. Okay, Thank you! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2018 · 174 posts · 100 votes
    7y

    I can give you a contractors number. They are investors but also contractors. It’s $200 for the estimate. I’f you rehab the property which you won’t since your trying to whole sale they credit that $200 to the job. 

    DM me if interested. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.