How to get deed title to house

9 Replies

Hello. This is my 1st week wholesaling and I have a lead. His great grandfather passed away and left him the house . He wants to sell for 12k. I want to wholesale for 20k. The problem is he can’t find the deed to the house . How do I go about solving this problem? He is 25 and he doesn’t know how to get the deed neither do I . Also after I get the home under contract what are my next step? How to I ensure I get paid once I assign the contract . I keep hearing escrow. Can any one answer these questions please.

Hey @Kevin Brandon you can get a copy of the deed from public records.  In my town it’s called the Eire County Clerks Office.  It’s downtown and they have open computer to search owners and print copies of the deed.  I would google “how to record a deed in your city”.  That may help.  Also, an attorney could answer that question.   The most important thing for you is to get the house under contract.  Then start marketing it to cash buyers.  Good luck.  

@Kevin Brandon , was there a legally drafted will that explicitly states the great grandson is to receive the property upon the death of the great grandfather?  Was the will filed with the county clerk?

If there is no will and if there are any other living relatives of the deceased great grandfather, this might not be as simple a process as the great grandson wants it to be.

I also has another question. Once I get the contract signed how do I go about finding a cash buyer? The house is 12k I’m trying to get 20k for it . What’s the easiest fastest way to find a buyer ? 

Originally posted by @Kevin Brandon :

I also has another question. Once I get the contract signed how do I go about finding a cash buyer? The house is 12k I’m trying to get 20k for it . What’s the easiest fastest way to find a buyer ? 

What state is the property in?