Looking for help on how to go about doing direct mail

4 Replies

I am an investor whom has mostly bought on the MLS In the past. MlS deals are not working in my market anymore and want to start doing direct mail. Can anyone suggest what the next steps for me to take to build a list or a company to contact that take care of the whole process.

Direct mail used to be great, however, it is now more expensive and much less effective than other types of digital marketing. For the same money you can contract with someone to do an email campaign. Another option is to build a website and buy ads on Google. You could also do a texting campaign. Direct mail costs at least $1 per unit whereas digital campaigns are 5 cents or less per unit. 

I use direct mail and got my list from listsource.com. I then used yellowletters.com to mail the postcards. You have to have a plan in place on how to handle the incoming calls and how to screen the potential leads. You can also look into facebook advertising. I started a campaign about a month and a half ago and I have one deal so far from it. It looks promising for the future.

Originally posted by @Scott Ray:

I am an investor whom has mostly bought on the MLS In the past. MlS deals are not working in my market anymore and want to start doing direct mail. Can anyone suggest what the next steps for me to take to build a list or a company to contact that take care of the whole process.

Hi Scott, As a Broker and Investor myself I have only purchased one property via the MLS and have over 1000 under my belt.

The list is crutial. I like

• 30+ Equity
  • 5 years of ownership
  • SFR
  • Under Median in value
  • No Trusts and Corps

I run a market algorithm on an area and that report tells me where to send mail. I then send 6 various mail pieces on a monthly basis.

As the owner of a communications platform which handles all of my digital marketing, I like text, RVMs and email for follow up. I know 80% of our deals come down the road from the original conversation.

the prospect is going to receive these messages over a 90 day period.

• SMS - weekly for 8 weeks
  • Email - Every three days for 59 days
  • RVMs - Every week 8 weeks
  • MSM - Monthly for 3 months
  • Live Call - 3-5-7-10-15-30-60-90

The reason we stop at 90 is because that is the maximum length from first inbound that can legally be responded to if someone happens to be on the DNC. Also on the Text Messaging make certain you build into your inbound script the question asking for the right to follow up via text messaging and give them the ability to opt out or you are violating the FCC.

Happy House Hunting