Wholesale marketing techniques

3 Replies

Hi All,

Im a 22 year old in the Charlotte area that got introduced into wholesale real estate a few months ago and I want to get started ASAP. My goal is to use wholesale as a method to obtain capital for buy and hold. I’m eager to learn, but also I don’t want to get caught up in the fear or trying something completely new. What are some tips, marketing techniques that you use, and what can I do to stop from others trying to steal the deal from under me?

Thank you!

I'm going to reply in reverse order.  The best way to make sure no one steals your deal is to treat your sellers like gold.  Be their best friend.  Look out for their interests.  If some other less-than-honorable person comes along, your seller will let you know.  Trust me, we've had it happen, and the seller stays with us.

Marketing techniques - there are a lot of good ones.  In terms of lowest cost/highest effort: driving for dollars, door knocking, calling FSBOs and for rents, networking, direct mail, bandit signs, PPC.  Regardless of which one you choose, pick a budget that you can stick with for 6 months.  The key to getting a deal is being in front of the seller on the day that they need you, and having them trust you enough to call.  The best way to do that is to be super consistent.  Good luck!

Originally posted by @Taron Wright :

Hi All,

Im a 22 year old in the Charlotte area that got introduced into wholesale real estate a few months ago and I want to get started ASAP. My goal is to use wholesale as a method to obtain capital for buy and hold. I’m eager to learn, but also I don’t want to get caught up in the fear or trying something completely new. What are some tips, marketing techniques that you use, and what can I do to stop from others trying to steal the deal from under me?

Thank you!

The way you stop people from taking your properties from under you is simply by putting it under a solid contract before letting buyers aware you have a lead.

In theory, being their best friend is nice and all but how much is that friend ship worth to them?

3K? 40K?

There are plenty of buyers that are willing to let the friendship die for 40K.. which is a normal profit for a flip. I wouldn't just count on treating them like gold.

There also is no difference between marketing for wholesalers, Flippers, buy and hold,.. computers, cars,  vacation trips...

THe strategies work on the same principle. People have desires and you need to make it obvious you can breach that gap between where the people currently are and where they want to be.

Every investor is here: "OMG I NEEEEED LEADS NOOW GAADAMMNIIT"

They all want to be here: " Contract signed, ready to close, ready for my 40K profit".

How do you bridge that gap? You present them with deeply discounted properties. How do you do this?

You get properties that are off market, that no one knows about.

Sure DMM CC D4D... all (bad) possibilities.

But why not dive into (ok) possibilities like PPC and FB ads.

And the absolute best way to get deeply discounted leads obviously is SEO

We get about 5 to 12 leads in everyday, for free, that are super motivated.

If you only saw the profit margins we make just because we get them so discounted, you would flip.

Get it? "Flip" because we flip houses?

Clever huh?

never-mind...

I highly recommend getting a good training course that walks you through all the steps and how tos and includes good contracts.

Two I recommend at MAREI are

Tom Zeebs Rapid Cash Generation Course - we were selling it this past weekend at MAREI with a discount

Vena Jones Cox - Goddesses Guide to Wholesaling - I am sure she will be selling it at the OREIA convention in October, she does not usually sell it online, but through local Real Estate Investor Groups.