Targeting with Facebook

7 Replies

The new rules relate to equal opp / anti-discrimination compliance.  If you are buying, this doesn't really apply to you.  If you are selling/renting a specific property, then you need to comply.  It is essentially still business as usual, as far as I can tell.

@Mark Sewell I have been $2-$7/lead and my realtor asked me to slow down the ads. In my area, we have been crushing it with Facebook Ads. Not a realtor myself by typically we have a 9-Step qualification process which makes our leads super qualified. But not to mention we do still find garbage leads but 80% leads are pretty solid.

We find great hooks which does magic for us but you are right targeting is pretty standard. Zip codes etc..

Happy to answer any further targeting questions.

@Roland Turner I have had blog posts that I boosted through Facebook (not ads) get flagged for those issues. Even though the content of the post had nothing to do with offering housing. I feel like it is being incorrectly being reported by someone, vs. Facebook's filter picking it up, since it has happened a couple of days after I have done it. Whether it is boosted posts or ads, as @Mark Sewell said, it shouldn't be an issue if you aren't trying to sell or rent. 

With the new Facebook restrictions you cannot target by specific zip codes any more.  Minimum is a 15 mile radius for targeting.  Here's a pro tip: Facebook's Algorithm analyzes your ad copy in order to show your ad to the right people.  Make sure your copy calls out and speaks to your target market.  You'll see an increase in lead qualify with semi-broad interest targeting.

Originally posted by @Tom Pacheco :

With the new Facebook restrictions you cannot target by specific zip codes any more.  Minimum is a 15 mile radius for targeting.  Here's a pro tip: Facebook's Algorithm analyzes your ad copy in order to show your ad to the right people.  Make sure your copy calls out and speaks to your target market.  You'll see an increase in lead qualify with semi-broad interest targeting.

No, I don't think this is 100% accurate.  The restrictions are related to housing fairness/anti-discrimination laws.  If you are selling or renting, then yes,  If you are looking for sellers, then no restrictions.  

I'd be interested to hear your suggestions for semi-broad interest targeting.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here