How to find motivated sellers (subject to)

How to find motivated sellers (subject to)

Specialist · OH · Member since 2019 · 59 posts · 18 votes

How do you find motivated sellers that would entertain a “subject to” deal? What are some uncommon ways to do this? Thanks!

0Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Todd SnyderPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Wooster, OH · Member since 2018 · 44 posts · 18 votes
7y

The book Finding and Funding Great Deals by Anson Young, is really good at taking you step by step through the process. I strongly recommend reading it! Anson also did podcast #235 at the launch of the book if you want to check that out.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Cameron TopePro Member
    Property Manager · Katy, TX · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Austin Wood

    I wish there was an easy way to find subject-to deals but none that I know of. 

    The first sub-to I did was with a bandit sign, then direct mail. I didn't see any pattern... 

  • Todd SnyderPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Wooster, OH · Member since 2018 · 44 posts · 18 votes
    7y

    The book Finding and Funding Great Deals by Anson Young, is really good at taking you step by step through the process. I strongly recommend reading it! Anson also did podcast #235 at the launch of the book if you want to check that out.

  • Specialist · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 638 votes
    7y

    @Austin Wood there's no easy way to find subject 2 deals. Also, why even bother to look for motivated sellers amongst the unmotivated? I'd suggest you go off-market and get a targeted list (probate, absentee, divorce, tax-delinquent) and start marketing to them. You can either do cold calling or direct mail marketing. Both works great if you're persistent with your marketing.

  • MAQUOKETA, IA · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    @Ehsan Rishat

    I’m a newbie and have only done 1 deal and been looking for next deal for almost a year. The lists you mentioned; where do you obtain them?

  • Specialist · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 638 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Ryan James:

    @Ehsan Rishat

    I’m a newbie and have only done 1 deal and been looking for next deal for almost a year. The lists you mentioned; where do you obtain them?

     I obtain my lists from listsource.

  • Real Estate Broker · Chicago · Member since 2021 · 108 posts · 23 votes
    4y

    When it comes to real estate investing, there are many ways to find motivated sellers. However, finding those who would entertain a “subject to” deal can be difficult. These individuals want the benefits of owning their own home without having any of the responsibilities that come along with it. Subject-to deals do work very well for both parties, but you need a lot of research and dedication to find sellers for this type of arrangement.

  • Real Estate Broker · Chicago · Member since 2021 · 108 posts · 23 votes
    4y

    When it comes to real estate investing, there are many ways to find motivated sellers. However, finding those who would entertain a “subject to” deal can be difficult. These individuals want the benefits of owning their own home without having any of the responsibilities that come along with it. Subject-to deals do work very well for both parties, but you need a lot of research and dedication to find sellers for this type of arrangement.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.