Wholesale or save and buy first deal ?

Wholesale or save and buy first deal ?

Towson, MD · Member since 2019 · 44 posts · 18 votes

For a beginner should I continue to try to wholesale or should I save and just buy my first deal ? Just curious. I hear positive points about both.

0Reply
14 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Louisville, KY · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @Robert Nelson another newbie here but I’m fighting with the same choices, I would say if it’s possible to save for your first deal I would do that, it takes a lot of stress away from the process cause you don’t have to try and figure out a way to make the deal happen from a wholesale standpoint. It really just depends on the seller. I would still try wholesaling without using your own money though.

  • Specialist · Purcellville, VA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 841 votes
    7y

    @Robert Nelson,

    This is really a personal question.  You need to look at what drives you.  What do you want to do, what do you not want to do, and what do you need to do but you don't want to do?  Yeah, that's all vague, but I think you need to decide for yourself.

    For me, I'm wholesaling.  I'm 56 years old and I'm not going to build a big portfolio without an infusion of cash.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.