Lacey Haessler
  • Irvine, CA
Votes |
Wholesaling: My Seller Needs Credit Check

Lacey Haessler
  • Irvine, CA
Posted Sep 19 2019, 17:03

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on BiggerPockets AND my first potential wholesale deal. I have been talking with this seller for a few weeks and he has finally agreed to sell to me. The only issue now is that he needs me to pass a credit check before he can/will sign my purchase agreement. 

Now this might sound completely naive of me, but please bare with me as I am completely new to wholesaling and even real estate as a whole. I have been doing tons of research on everything wholesaling and real estate, but am stumped on this seemingly last piece to my first deal puzzle. 

Is it okay for me to do a credit check myself? Do I need to have my buyer perform the credit check? Is there any other way to appease his needs of a credit check in this situation without actually performing one??

Any and all answers to my question would be tremendously appreciated and valued! I am a living breathing real estate sponge and will absorb all info you fellow BiggerPockets members can give me!

Thanks in advance and looking forward to learning/speaking/reading your responses!

Lacey

Loading replies...