Sticking to your guns

6 Replies

I see everyone has differences in opinion on how to do things and which strategies to use. I see what strategies the most successful people use and I am definitely pursuing to be a copy cat lol. A wise man once said step it up!! Im going to take that advice and run with it. People have told me this doesn't work and that doesn't work. I guess I have to just stick to my guns. and aim for the stars! Thanks to everyone

@Marlon Jackson ,

You got it, my friend!

I'm just starting, but it's going to take a lot to derail me.  My wife is 100% behind me, but at the same time, the other night she said there has to come a point (a year, maybe, so that should be plenty of time) where you have to decide it's not working.

Meanwhile, I attend every local REI meeting I can. The people there are amazing! I just got a message from a real pro who asked ME to meet her for coffee so she can get to know what I'm looking for and send things my way when she comes across them. This was totally unsolicited.

Stay the course my friend, and good luck!  Keep us posted on your progress.

Originally posted by @Marlon Jackson :

I see everyone has differences in opinion on how to do things and which strategies to use. I see what strategies the most successful people use and I am definitely pursuing to be a copy cat lol. A wise man once said step it up!! Im going to take that advice and run with it. People have told me this doesn't work and that doesn't work. I guess I have to just stick to my guns. and aim for the stars! Thanks to everyone

Sooner or later, you've got to be willing to fail in this business. The "most successful" for someone else in their market isn't always going to be the "most successful" for you in your market. Something someone warns strenously against may be exactly what you need, a crazy risk you need to take this one time, and it'll either work or you'll fall flat on your face and be a laughingstock among your crueler peers. You have to accept that possibility. Many people are going to laugh at you as you fail and laugh harder behind your back, and they will never stop treating you with contempt just as long as they believe they have a single reason to do so. They can't stop themselves. That's all they are. And that's why they go through life among the timid souls who never drink deep enough of life to know real victory nor real defeat. They live "life lite."

My recommendation is to get as many different "tools" in your toolbox. Chasing every nail with a hammer makes you miss alot of screws, bolts and rivets.

Figured we were being metaphorical :)

Good luck in your business!

@Barry Pekin I understand sir. I’m on a mission and I feel like no one can stop me. My fiancé has my back as well and I do understand that I have to take risk... I’m gonna go for the big one I’ve been getting a lot of good advice from a lot of good people and I believe I’m steered In the right direction. Thank you! You are great!

@Jim K. I believe I’m steered in the right direction. Got some good advice from some good sources. And I would call this a crazy risk. But I feel like it’s a chance I need to take. I believe in it. Real estate is the only thing I think about now. I dream about it. I feel if I do it the right way. It will work. And I have so much anxiety behind it.. so anxious to get my first deal. But I won’t stop I can’t stop

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here