• Wholesaler
  • Salisbury, NC
Votes |
How to find Code Violations?

Corey Rippeto
  • Wholesaler
  • Salisbury, NC
Posted Nov 20 2019, 05:58

I recently learned about Code Violations and that contacting these owners supposedly has a much higher success rate than simply contacting any regular distressed property owner. So, now i'm trying to figure out just how to find these owners with Code Violations.

I asked the "Zoning" department at my local Public Records office for a list of properties with Zoning/Code Violations, but they told me they don't keep a list on record. Instead, they said they simply take complaints, notify the owner of the property and that "usually is the end of it"...

But, what about the times when that isn't the end of it? What about when the owner doesn't fix whatever the complaint was about, or when they ignore the violation warnings altogether? I find it hard to believe they wouldn't keep that on record..

I was told I could ask the Tax Collectors department about "liens" on properties. Would this be where I could find owners that now have fees owed for having ignored the Code Violations that the "Zoning" department supposedly does not have on record?

Loading replies...