• Boston, MA
Votes |
I haven't slept in weeks...wholesaling?

Rob Ferdinand
  • Contractor
  • Boston, MA
Posted Jun 5 2020, 00:09

Hey, everyone. 

I've been deep down the rabbit hole lately and have been up every night geeking out on all things real estate. 

My original goal was to purchase a multi-family and later flip to fund more buy and holds, and BRRRR etc. I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to need a little more preparation before I'm ready, so I'm going to wholesale in the meantime.

Here's the rough plan, all feedback is appreciated!

-I've made a website for online presence

-Plan on building a buyers list (Searching cash buyers in Propstream/Reipro/Listsource type programs, and Bigger pockets). OTHER IDEAS?

-Will use automated RVM/text/email service. (Reireply or Reirail). Any experience with these?

-Working on some basic scripting to get me started, for both sellers and buyers, and will fine-tune as I go

-I plan to generate leads several ways, and it will take a lot of time and data to hone-in what works for me. Driving for dollars with deal machine, plan to research probates (clueless as of right now how these work), Run filtered call lists from programs like propstream/reipro, targeting many different situations such as pre-foreclosures, back tax etc. I still have a ton to research and trials here as I go! 

-After my first wholesale deal I'll likely invest in targeted direct mailers, a little SEO/pay per click and website management, and the same developer I'm familiar with can build and manage a FB page, write webiste blogs etc.

-Eventually, use Carrot to host a separate website for my buyers where I can list properties under contract, just to streamline my deals for me and my buyers

Questions:

-Some of the Softwares that are available run comps and forecast ARV's, as well as skiptrace all in one. What works best for you?

-I'm searching for a wholesaling friendly attorney for guidance, and make sure I'm using proper contracts. Referrals appreciated! Currently, I have several P&S contracts from the web but not sure about my state-specific laws in Massachusetts.

-It sounds like If I contract a deal and for some reason, I fail to find a buyer, I can back out without consequence, aside from any earnest money?

-What pitfalls should I be aware of?

Thanks for reading guys. Looking forward to some feedback!

Loading replies...