Skip to content
Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Chris Gavre
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Greenville, SC
Votes |
How do you work around tenants when wholesaling?

Chris Gavre
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Greenville, SC
Posted Jun 19 2021, 11:31

Hey guys. I've got a couple deals in the works, but each of them has tenants in the property. I'm curious to hear your strategies on dealing with this.

1. From the beginning when you first talk to the seller, how do you get in for the initial walkthrough of the property when it is tenant occupied? I've found that a lot of the sellers are hesitant on this because the tenants are there and they do not want to disturb them?

2. How do you get potential buyers in there for a showing with tenants? A lot of these sellers say they don't want us constantly going in and out of the property due to the tenants. I've thought the best strategy may be to mention up front, we will need 1 day to inspect the property and try to line up all showings for that 1 day. However, this can get tricky to find a day that'll work for most potential buyers. 

How do you get the buyers in there to see the property while also working around the tenants? How do you get the seller on board to let you do this showing and not harass the tenants constantly?

Loading replies...