What do you say when bylaw calls about you’re bandit signs?

2 Replies

I’m wondering what you should say when bylaw calls about your bandit signs?

I’m not looking for an answer saying that I should just comply with them. I’m looking for a way to dodge them and continue putting up bandit signs without a lot of risk!

Originally posted by @Nathan Harris :

I’m wondering what you should say when bylaw calls about your bandit signs?

I’m not looking for an answer saying that I should just comply with them. I’m looking for a way to dodge them and continue putting up bandit signs without a lot of risk!

That handsome dude above me is right.

Listen man... I know you asked a question and you are looking for an answer on the question you asked... but consider this.

If a toddler lives in a house right on a busy highway, and the only thing in between that kid and raging cars zooming by is a little gate that is locked... and that little runt asks you "Yo mister, how do I open this gate", are you going to explain to him how to open said gate, or are you going to tell him, "don't open the gate, it is dangerous".

Right?

Here is the point I am trying to make...

Ask yourself this.. WHY did you choose bandit signs? Did you run an analysis, deal rate, scored the effort it takes and ran it against the cost, plotted a graph, and in the same graph plotted the same analyses for DMM, cold calling, driving for dollars, SEO, Facebook marketing and PPC, and then when you scientifically analyzed it concluded that bandit signs was the best way?

Or did you do it out of laziness, the illusion of instant gratification, or because a ton of clowns here choose bandit signs too?

Read this saying I came up with.

Not because 13 clowns agree on something, does it mean that thing they agree on is right.

And yes, I DID my graphs, and analysis and calculations before I do a damn thing. Here is my DMM feasibility graph. What this graph says is that DMM is only feasible if you send 7K mailers or more. And then it is still unpredictable and based on luck.

This is how I approach things.

So now again, why did you choose bandit signs. Mind you I am not jabbing at you, I am actually trying to help you become successful.

Don't do Bandit signs, it is illegal, and it damages your credibility. (Can you imagine Nike putting up bandit signs? Wouldn't fit right?.. OK then ask why doesn't it fit?

Well, because it is NIKE!! Duhh.. they are real credible established, successful, have a brand presence they are awesome.

Well there you go!

Lastly.. do you know HOW MANY calls I get from highly motivated sellers BECAUSE my competitors put up bandit signs? They do the work, run the risks and I get the leads!

How , why?

Well people see a sign on the street and what do you think they remember? a series of digits (phone number), or what the sign said "We Buy Houses".

They obviously remember the text. So where did they find that text, in their city, so they either go to google to find the phone number or the company they saw, and they find us ranking #1, or they the sign made them aware that there are companies that buy houses , they go online and again, find US beating all the smelly competitors with the ugly stick.

Let me give you a visual for awesome effect:

Don't do bandit signs. This is not opinion or preference, this is undisputed proven fact that it is a bad idea.

You send out DMM, put up bandit signs, and any of those shady methods, and I WILL GET YOUR LEADS!