Virtual WholeSale - How to Find Boots on the Ground?

5 Replies

Hi All, 

So I'm getting ready to send out my direct mail campaign for my out of state market. I was wondering what other out of state wholesalers use as their systems to meet with the sellers to walk the properties?

Do you hire people on an hourly basis? And where/how do you recruit them?
Thanks!

Whats going on Michael,

I am in the Houston market and I do virtual deals all over Texas. The key is to get the deal over the phone and then have the seller take the photos of the property, your trusted buyers can then walk the property for you. Your buyers essentially become your boots on the ground and either submit an offer or give you honest feedback. This model is extremely efficient when doing deals in different markets. 

Hope this helps. 

I suspect you are a smart, motivated young man.  I gotta tell you I think your business model is high risk.  Have you considered a more traditional RE method of building wealth? E.g. buy a cheap property, save money and develop skills by doing self repair, rent, PM, rinse and repeat.  

I did my first rehab at 50 years old and pulled carpet, replaced subfloor, patched drywall, painted, laid tile and laminate flooring, repaired crawl insulation, landscaped, cleaned and rented etc.  12 years later, rental property cash flows life and I can afford to pay others to do repairs; but the experience gained was invaluable.  I wish I had been smart like you to begin earlier in life.  I just hope you consider a more time tested method to build wealth. 

Originally posted by @Joe Gonzalez :

Whats going on Michael,

I am in the Houston market and I do virtual deals all over Texas. The key is to get the deal over the phone and then have the seller take the photos of the property, your trusted buyers can then walk the property for you. Your buyers essentially become your boots on the ground and either submit an offer or give you honest feedback. This model is extremely efficient when doing deals in different markets. 

Hope this helps. 

@joe Gonzalez Very interesting approach. So essentially you're advertising to your buyer list as you lock in a contract with the seller?
Wouldn't there be a potential clash with the buyer walking and trying to snag the property directly from the seller?

Im like a professional boots on the ground here in Central indiana (feel free to connect if interested in this market)........but i generally have met my partners on here.....FB groups and i also market my services on Craigslist.......

Generally i Just have a convo with the person and they like the fit based on my knowledge and experience in this market.......