What is the best way to get started in wholesaling?
I currently have 3 properties. I am using a family members line of credit on their house to build an ADU in the back of my 2nd property and I will be in debt to them approx. 100k plus about 8-10% interest. They aren't in a hurry to get paid back as long as I am making their line of credit payment which is 5%.
Since they aren't in a hurry to get paid back, I would rather not refi after my ADU build because the cash flow is too good and should allow me to pay them back within 2 years and quit my W2.
My properties as of January (all are two units):
#1 Income $2,250 +$1,550 - $2,400 (mortgage) = $1,400
#2 Income $2,100 + $1,700 - $1,350 (mortgage) = $2,450
#3 Income $2,000 + $1,800 - $1,800 (mortgage) = $2,000
Total cash flow = $5,850 (I know this isn't figuring in cap. ex., vacancy and maintenance/repairs)
I should be able to pay back the line of credit within two years between the cash flow and my W2. I know I could refi out of property #2 to repay the line of credit off right away but I love having my mortgage of only $1,350. I know some would say refi since I owe 208k and the ARV will be about 475k but my goal is to quit my W2 and go into real estate full time so I want to keep that cash flow up.
Since I am out of capital to buy, I want to start wholesaling. I have a construction background and have the drive to make calls, write letters, meet with sellers, etc. I just want to know how you are getting your wholesale deals closed. How do you find your end buyers? Where do you get most of your leads and what would be the best use of my time, (letters, calling, trying to find people that are behind on taxes?) Should I make a website and hope to get contacted through that? I just feel like since I have never wholesaled a deal I don't have the reputation to be making a website. I basically just don't know where to get started. I know once I find out what works I will get the hang of it but on my days off I am so lost on what my ONE thing should be and at the end of the day I normally feel unproductive as far as wholesaling goes. My goal is to wholesale my first deal by Jan. 13th and hopefully make 5k from the deal.
Thank you in advance!