Business Blueprint and CRM Help for 100+ Deals/Year

15 Replies

First off just wanted to say thank you to anyone reading this and willing to help out. I am looking for advice from those of you that already have highly successful wholesale and/or fix and flip businesses that run extremely efficiently as a business.

Little back story on us:

Its myself and two brothers "running" the businesses (working in the businesses too much and not enough on the businesses themselves) and we have two employees, one a contractor/maintenance and the other administrative assistant. We are all three full time and 100% committed to real estate. Currently have 120 rentals, started a property management company to manage our portfolio and have been doing flips and wholetails since 2017. We don't do crazy volume yet. Last year we did about a dozen deals, this year we quit our jobs to do this full time and will do a couple dozen deals. We make good money but want to grow this into something much bigger that also doesn't take up all of our time.

We currently close on everything that we get under contract and have never assigned a contract. In order to hit our goals, we are going to start offering many solutions and ways to put deals together including wholesaling. YTD we have done an average of 2 deals a month and are going to do 100 deals next year. I am willing to spend whatever it takes on business systems or programs designed for this and/or attend any masterminds you guys think are essential. I fully understand the value of learning from those who have done what you are wanting to do. If we could spend the money on an excellent turn key complete business system designed for wholesaling/fix and flips we would absolutely do it, regardless of the cost.

We have gotten pretty good at bringing leads in and our website for our house buying company, "Omaha Homes For Cash," ranks #1 for nearly every keyword in our market but how we handle the process from the lead coming in, nurturing the leads and the sales process of getting the contracts signed is where we struggle the most. We currently track our leads in excel and go back and look to see the outcomes from the ones we lost and it is always a painful reminder that we need to do a lot better as we are missing out on a ton of money. So many deals have been lost to our competition due to disorganization, poor sales skills, inefficient or non existent follow up, lack of understanding on creative ways to solve seller's problems, etc. All thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

I recently switched to Amplify my Business to handle my CRM system and run my facebook ads.  I switched about 6 weeks ago, so jury is still out on the facebook ad management, but their CRM is fantastic!  Very easy to add and control leads through the pipeline. Once I got the automated parts of it figured out, the amount of potential contacts that I have on a daily basis increased significantly

Promotion
PPR Note Company
Note Investing
Diversify your portfolio and get completely passive cashflow.
All without tenants, repairs, or vacancies - in a real-estate-backed investment fund.
Here's how.

@Matthew Watson you can link up carrot sites and other lead sources pretty easily which is nice. I was using pipedrive before, which  is fine and the cost is very low.  If you are looking for a crm system only and you are tech savvy enough to program the automation component to it, that could be a good option for you also.

@Matthew Watson If you're not wanting to have to configure a general purpose system, there are REI specific CRMs that operate very well for what you are trying to do. Rather than tons of time trying to configure a system to work for REI, you can get one of these systems that are mostly ready to go. You can just make necessary changes to fit your business and then you're spending your time on high return activities again.

The key is having a system that prevents ANY leads from slipping through the cracks.  Some systems just show you lists of records.  It's better to know what's where along with automations to make sure something is always happening.  

[Solicitation Removed by Moderators]

Great website by the way! After scrolling for 2 seconds I knew immediately who you were working with on it.  He's good people. :)

Hello my fellow Jerryll Noorden disciple. I can't speak on people doing 100 deals a year, but I'm at around 4-6 deals around 50-60k a month wholesaling only. I use resimpli (crm) as my system to manage my leads. You should check it out and definitely get out of excel. My brain hurt just reading you were managing things using excel lol. I would definitely also supplement your website with some more traditional marketing methods. Hire a couple of VA's to do some cold calling, texting, and answering phones when needed, and also hire a lead manager/acquisitions manager to manage and close on your leads. This will help you work on the business instead of in the business like you stated.

HUGE inspiration as I'm sorta similar- me+husband IN business w/ 27 doors and debated about him quitting and then he got laid off before Thanksgiving so here we are!!!... Re-read E-myth re-visited and hiring our first ever legit employee (office assistant future COO) after finding bp 2 months ago... BIG questions re. software/subscription/social media setup as we prepare to scale... Thank you for posting and I am following eagerly and intently!

Originally posted by @Matthew Watson :

@Duane Alexander That is great to hear you are using ReSimpli. That is what we ended up deciding to go with and it seems like its gonna be a game changer. 4-6 deals a month is great. What would you say your breakdown is on lead source for those? Are you doing any DMM or PPC in conjunction with the SEO and VA's?

My last 12 deals have come from the following sources: 5 from text, 3 from cold calls, 1 referral, 4 from ppc. I have 6 currently under contract: 2 PPC, 1 Text, 3 Cold Call

Originally posted by @Duane Alexander :
Originally posted by @Matthew Watson:

@Duane Alexander That is great to hear you are using ReSimpli. That is what we ended up deciding to go with and it seems like its gonna be a game changer. 4-6 deals a month is great. What would you say your breakdown is on lead source for those? Are you doing any DMM or PPC in conjunction with the SEO and VA's?

My last 12 deals have come from the following sources: 5 from text, 3 from cold calls, 1 referral, 4 from ppc. I have 6 currently under contract: 2 PPC, 1 Text, 3 Cold Call

From a quantity of closed leads standpoint, looks like you are killing it. I don't know the numbers behind each deal but if you are selling to flipper investors, they obviously think the deals were worth buying so congrats. Too bad you don't do this in my area here in So Cal, I would hire you in a minute to get me 10% of that quantity, let alone all of them! Deal flow is difficult here and price points much higher, plus there are a thousand wholesalers for every good wholesaler here.

Originally posted by @Will Barnard :
Originally posted by @Duane Alexander:
Originally posted by @Matthew Watson:

From a quantity of closed leads standpoint, looks like you are killing it. I don't know the numbers behind each deal but if you are selling to flipper investors, they obviously think the deals were worth buying so congrats. Too bad you don't do this in my area here in So Cal, I would hire you in a minute to get me 10% of that quantity, let alone all of them! Deal flow is difficult here and price points much higher, plus there are a thousand wholesalers for every good wholesaler here.

thanks!

We recently switched from Left Main REI from Podio and are really loving it! It's built on Salesforce so it's pretty robust. I like that I can integrate a lot of the other software I was using before into one system like Quickbooks, Call Rail, and HelloSign. I've been rebuilding my team and it really helps to see everything in one place. The dashboards are definitely my favorite feature (especially marketing!)

Promotion
NestEgg
Smarter rental management
Outperform your peers by 71%
NestEgg landlords save $6,960/yr in fees & 20 hrs/mo*. Self-manage for free or go hands-off for $29.
Start now, get $500

@Matthew Watson I read through your post and think I can help guide you in on a solution if you're still looking for one. I've been building out CRM solutions for fortune 500 companies over the last 10 years. I'd be happy to connect and point you in the right direction if you're interested. Shoot me a message and we can find a time to connect. 

@Matthew Watson I came here to find a contract for 3 properties in my neighborhood that an investor can rehab and flip or hold. Can someone help me with this? :)

Then I saw your post.

I have a system that I can customize for you. I'm learning about REI but business process automation is my superpower.

1. Incoming leads must be tracked. Where from? Cost per lead? etc.
2. Leads should be called IMMEDIATELY (drastically increases success rate).
3. Lead drop into a visual pipeline with stages. You will see exactly what stage each lead is in.
4. Notifications to staff. "Ball-drop" notifications to admin (no follow up, etc).
5. Short application/form can filter leads. You only want to work with qualified leads.
6. Appointment calendars allow (filtered) leads to schedule themselves or easy for staff to schedule leads.
7. PRE-SALES NURTURING emails increases your appointment rates.
8. SMS and email appointment notifications.
9. Digital contract signing.

You want to create a frictionless selling system and then build out frictionless onboarding and fulfillment systems. The system runs the business and the staff runs the system. :)

@Matthew Watson

No such thing as a turn key solution, but I will give you this.

A high quality virtual lead manager will help with your follow up. Christina Krause has a great agency for it.

Automation is also key for high lead volume.

The best automation solution I have found so far is tryreiblackbook (dot) com

All of your phone numbers, recorded calls, tracking links, additional landing pages and sites if you want. Rvm, text, and email going on drip campaigns, based on the flows your team triggers.

I use carrot too, but the leads come into reibb. With a little help from zapier. You can create internal forms for whoever answers the phone to fill out leads and trigger automation.

There is more, but it is worth testing the free trial.