• Rental Property Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
Suggestions To Get Insurance Claim Processed After 5 Month Delay

Marvin McTaw
  • Atlanta, GA
Posted Jan 21 2016, 10:03

We have been working to get an insurance claim processed by USAA for five (5) months. We have given USAA everything they've asked for including all paperwork, police reports, contractor's estimates and other supporting documentation (e.g. ownership of stolen appliances). USAA has sent field investigators out to the property and we have been calling the company on an almost daily basis to determine the status of our claim to move this forward. 

Does anyone have suggestions for things we can do to get our claim processed and/or get an answer so we can move forward?

User Stats

Votes
Tavisha Grant
  • Contractor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied Jan 21 2016, 11:46

@Marvin McTaw:  I would suggest consulting with a public adjuster.  Many people don't know that we even exist.  I work with many investor clients to help them get their claims paid - and for the right amount.  A reputable public adjuster will work with you on a contingency basis either for a percentage of the entire claim (if they work with you from the beginning) or on an "over and above" basis if you hire them if you've received a substantial amount that is still too low.  That way you only pay a fee on any additional settlement funds they negotiate on your behalf.  All fees are negotiable.  

An experienced public adjuster can be an invaluable resource in the event of a claim.  The insurance companies call us back and typically reply on a timely basis since most states have statutes regarding unfair claim settlement practices.  They don't want to get in hot water by not complying with someone who will certainly document their claim file with such infractions.

Just check references and proper licensing.  Call me if you have questions.  I'm not licensed in Georgia, but I would be happy to answer any questions you have.  I can't leave my phone number here, per the rules, so Google me.  I'm easy to find.  Best of luck to you with your claim.

Tavisha Grant, Public Adjuster, Property Claim Adjusters, Phoenix, AZ

User Stats

Votes
Marvin McTaw
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Jan 21 2016, 11:59

Hi @Tavisha Grant thank you so much for your response. I gave your office a call a few minutes ago and hope to speak with you soon. You can give me a call at the phone number in my signature.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jason Hern
  • Investor, Realtor
  • Decatur, GA
Votes |
  • Investor, Realtor
  • Decatur, GA
Replied Jan 21 2016, 13:09

Hey Marvin, I know a Georgia public adjuster. Would you like me to forward his contact info?