• Investor
  • Montgomery, TX
Votes |
dealing with insurance adjuster...

Mike Landry
  • Investor
  • Montgomery, TX
Posted Jun 30 2016, 16:39

Hey guys I had a question about how you would handle this.  Basically.....one of my rental properties needs a new roof due to wind damage.  The roofing company said it has "extreme" wind damage and basically said insurance wouldn't be an obstacle.  Well the insurance adjuster came out today and said that it just needs repairs in the area of $600.  

The roof is 10 years old, asphalt shingles.  Missing between 10-15 shingles scattered about.  Several more bent and damaged.  Small leak near flashing where some shingles are damaged.  

The adjuster said if I wanted he would remove the claim from my record so it doesn't show up if I wanted to pay repairs out of pocket.  He also casually mentioned he'd meet with the roofer.

I can see both sides interest but I tend to agree with the roofer. 20 year exp, has done work for my family before.

The roofer suggested getting a different adjuster to meet him out there.  Any tips with dealing with insurance companies.  This is my first claim ever for a house.

Thanks

Mike

Loading replies...