PENNSYLVANIA Commercial Insurance Providers

5 Replies

Hello - can anyone provide a recommendation for any good PENNSYLVANIA Commercial Insurance providers?  I just got my annual premium and it seems a bit too high this time.  Thanks in advance.

@Ian M.

For commercial insurance, you really should work with an insurance broker and not directly with the insurance company. If you would like some contacts, I'll be happy to put you in touch with good brokers. 

Disclaimer: While I’m an attorney licensed to practice in PA, I’m not your attorney. What I wrote above does not create an attorney/client relationship between us. I wrote the above for informational purposes. Do not rely on it as legal advice. Always consult with your attorney before you rely on the above information.

Thanks @Chris K. I've worked with both and found that it varies depending on the company, but I definitely your inputs on contacts.  I just replied to your invite/PM so if you could shoot me your contacts I would appreciate it.  Thanks a lot.

I have been using Erie Insurance for the past several years; when I have tried shopping rates, agents ask who I have now, and when I tell them Erie they reply that Erie is competitive and tough to beat but they will try - still with Erie.

I would try the various insurance recommendations you get from the Pittsburgh REIA members. Just mentioning the city name here might get you should locals.

And I will add that my insurance bills come in the early part of the year, and I am EXPECTING an increase, so you might ask why. In recent years, storms named Katrina and Sandy led to large losses, and afterward my insurance rates went up even though I never had a claim; when insurance company was contacted for rate increase explanation, we were told that insurance is a shared risk product - so rate increases get shared too apparently. 2017 had three named storms that caused much loss - not just one - and if rates went up due to one, I have to expect higher rates after three.

@Steve Babiak thanks a lot for the reply.  I didn't think the region was important as it was statewide insurance so thanks for the tip on that. I'm looking for commercial insurance (titled in an LP) for properties in the Pittsburgh area.

Agreed on the hurricanes.  Kind of unreal, but because its a pool, we tend to subsidize that too.

Thanks for the response. 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here