Insurance for Rental House in Big Bear Lake?

6 Replies

FInd an Independent Agent in your area and tell them what you need.  Since Independent Agents don't work for just one carrier, they have the ability to shop many carriers for you and they know which ones are interested in short-term rentals in that area.  Try calling Connie Sandoval with Collective Insurance Solutions in Palm Desert.

Try contacting John Erwin

Office of Christopher Thompson

41656 Big Bear Blvd Ste 1

P.O. Box 1808

Big Bear Lake, CA 92315

but shop for coverage with other agencies too, be surprised the prices vary by hundreds

I would contact an agent in big bear as i am sure they come across this often. I currently work for Allstate in CA and we have limited options for what we can offer. 

We typically write through a non admitted carrier called Northlight Specialty. I am not too familair with their Short Term rental policy as all of our customers that we have with them use their houses as secondary residences. The only company that i know we write STR with is another company called American Modern, but not too sure if they write in Big Bear.

I would contact an agent in big bear as i am sure they come across this often. I currently work for Allstate in CA and we have limited options for what we can offer. 

We typically write through a non admitted carrier called Northlight Specialty. I am not too familair with their Short Term rental policy as all of our customers that we have with them use their houses as secondary residences. The only company that i know we write STR with is another company called American Modern, but not too sure if they write in Big Bear.