Skip to content
Insurance

User Stats

Votes
Josh Miller
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Seal Beach, CA
Votes |
STAY AWAY FROM NREIG (National Real Estate Insurance Group)

Josh Miller
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Seal Beach, CA
Posted Nov 7 2018, 15:18

I'm too young to have a heart attack but that's what I just went through dealing with NREIG.  Long story short I'm getting a portfolio loan through LimaOneCapital and they have some pretty specific request when it comes to insurance policies.  One of the requests was that I get an official invoice for any outstanding balance for each property. Well, 14 days later and 14 requests later I still don't have it and still can't close on my refinance deal.   Actually, it's been 14 written request and probably the same number of phone calls trying to get it.  I was on the phone with one representative and it took her 30 seconds to generate the report for a single property but when I asked for the same report for the other properties, she said I could only get it from my representative.  

Besides this one case, the only other negative experience I had was in trying to file a claim.  It didn't work out so well but I understand certain aspects are out of their control.  Regardless, I would highly recommend paying the extra few bucks other insurance companies charge and go with an Insurance provider that gets you what you need when you need it.  

Loading replies...