Illinois Rental Insurance

12 Replies

Hey fellow BPs!
Fairly new to long term real estate investing, only dealt with condos and SFR previously. Under contract on a Duplex in Illinois, any recommendation for (rental) insurance?

Thank you!

Raul

Promotion
RentRedi
Smart Tech For The Smart Landlord
The Smart Way To Manage Your Rentals
Enjoy growing your portfolio without paying more for it. Unlimited units & easy-to-use apps.
Get Unlimited Units
Originally posted by @Aaron K. :

Get quotes from as many companies as possible. 

Definitely what I plan on doing, so far I've collected 2 and 2 more are incoming but I am sure there are better and more affordable options out there. Thank you!

Originally posted by @Raul Martinez :
Originally posted by @Aaron K.:

Try more like 8 or 9 with referrals from property managers and agents in the area if you are working with any.

Property manager referrals is a great idea! Thank you!

Raul, 2 strategies if your end goal is to get the best possible pricing.

1) Everytime you get a better quote, you share that quote with any additional agents.  They will then know right away if they can beat it.  A duplex policy will rarely have any flexibility in pricing.  What ever the insurance carrier spits out, that's what they can offer.

2)  Keep a list of insurance companies you have gone to and share that with all of the agents.  An agent is "blocked" from quoting a company if you already have been quoted with them. 

Promotion
InstaLend
Nationwide Real Estate Lender
Grow Your Real Estate Business–No Doc Lender with No Upfront Fees
Fast & Reliable Financing for Fix&Flip, Rental, New Construction & MultiFamily Properties Nationwide
Learn more